Ratings for Dr. Kurtis R. Hort

Words can not express the emotions, the gratitude, the appreciation, the fulfillment, the happiness to be able to walk and do everything that I was told I would not be able to at Baptist south Orthopaedic. I was referred urgently to oastaug and I so grateful I met Dr Hort, Dr Pearce and My savior Dr Rich!!!! Your staff was amazing, welcoming and so supportive. I was in bad shape but was lifted daily with greets and positive bed side manners. You saved my life, what most people take for granted unknowingly you were able to give back to me! The skin graft was the reason for all this it saved me! Your staff was prepared and educated on the ability to provide this amazing miracle to restore a missing portion of my toe, my big toe, the only one that would affect my quality of life! Thank you so much and God bless you always! I will never forget you all! I was blessed to have met you!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

horrible wait times and disorganized staff. I would not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

He wanted to do excessive unnecessary surgery when I questioned why he became very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

A horrible human being. Told me to go get a CAT scan & he was going to show it t a famous visiting MD from Duke. Got the scan. Waited weeks never heard from him. Called & he said "I never would have said that". Staff was SUPER rude & unprofessional. Luckily I went to Orlando & had sugery. Avod this dr & office!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

Not up to date on the latest research regarding pain relief. His response when told patient was having a lot of pain, "Well, you're supposed to hurt.." What an idiotic thing to say to someone one day post op.. Don't make the mistake of asking anyone in the office anything about your surgery, he gets mad. Basically he acts like a know-it-all, jerk and I agree with the rushing in and out comment above..

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Does not pay very good attention to taking history. Watch out for the whiplash as he rushes in and out.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2008

Dr. Kurtis R. Hort's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Avmed