Ratings for Dr. Nicola M. Spirtos

My experience was a horrible nightmare. You never see Spirtos unless he's in to pick up his paycheck. He farms you off to his hot headed jr league just blew in with no furniture from Baltimore. The office staff scheduler is the most discourse ousted. In general the office doesn't seem to care if you live die get messed up worse so long as they get your money. Wait time is over 3 hours. In my opinion dr c Kushnir in this office AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Spirtos is very experienced. I liked his honesty and his dedication to treat patients. He never gives up on you. This is the only office where you can get an appointment the same day if you need it.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Enough bad things cannot happen to this man. He is an arrogant POS.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Dr. Spirtos gave my wife 5 years of extra life (via secondary debulking), after Sloan Kettering doctors essentially gave up. This after I read the medical literature to determine the state of the art. I cannot recommend high highly enough. As a measure of ease of contact, still have his cell phone number.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

He is an extraordinary physician and surgeon. I have been his patient for four years and have had two surgeries, chemo treatments and been on medical trials. He has great medical staff and I highly recommend him and Womens Cancer Center. Dr. Spirtos is available, returns calls, has a fantastic sense of humor and is vary caring. I truly believe I am alive today because he was my champion.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Spirtos saved my life! I was referred to his office by my family doctor upon finding out my diagnosis. I made an appointment and the staff made room for me right away without any delays. Dr. Spirtos is straight forward when explaining to you information but always treats you with the outmost respect and makes you feel like he's there for you and he will do his best to get you better. He works late and will not rest until he ensures you are well. He told me on my first visit, "If you have any questions, call me, i'm here to answer your questions and concerns". From that moment on I knew I was in the right place with the best doctor trying to fight with me through this illness and save my life!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I could care less about his bedside manner. I've just been so thankful I was recommended to dr Spirtos. He did an an excellent job on my surgery. This guy knows what he's doing, he comes from a family of 20 SURGEONS!! Anyone dealing with something as big as cancer should probably be more concerned with the drs credentials and quality of work than their bedside manner.. Just sayin:)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

All I can say is he is the best surgeon in his field. His bedside manner could use a little work, but in the last 6 yrs. he has become more caring and human. So I'll always be willing to wait for him at his office when I need him and I know he will take care of my health issues.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Cannot say enough good things about this highly rated Las Vegas doctor. When I was diagnosed with cancer, I had NO insurance. I needed to wait 3 months until covered with Medicare and a supplemental (United Healthcare). Dr. Spirtos saw me through this time period. He had me scheduled for surgery, had all the pre-ops done at the hospital, performed the surgery, followed up at the hospital and in his offices. Literally, he saved my life. Sure, I had wait in his busy offices. I would have been worried if the waiting room was empty! His staff was great. His nurses are top notch. His scheduler for the operation was quick, informative and accurate. This was a difficult surgery as I had multiple other problems. Since the operation with Dr. Spirtos, I had multiple surgeries, none of which went as smoothly as the surgery he performed.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

are you kidding me. my experience with his was that he was rude, uncaring, very unprofessional in communicating, and would never recommend going to him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Nicola M. Spirtos's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1980)