Ratings for Dr. David C. Bastacky

Doctor Bastacky is a great surgeon and his staff from front to back are good also. I have been there more them once .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

I had a good experience with Joanne working me in on my tight scheduled .Dr Bastacky terrific!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

My wife and myself had a consult with Dr. Bastacky for one on four dentures. It has been almost 6 weeks since the consultation and in spite of several calls, we still cannot get a care plan or cost for the procedures! Hey Doc, this will cost more than many houses and you can't do better than this! I hope he or his staff read this since I won't be calling or going back there again. I shudder to think with that involved of a procedure. if there are problems, what happens if this is their best level of service. provided.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Dr. Bastacky is the best oral surgeon you will find. He made the wisdom tooth process easy and stress free. Him and his team are very professional and caring. A great experience. A very nice office too. I highly recommend Dr. B.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Rather Long, but want to make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. The front staff was rather rude, especially when it came to my insurance prior to my extractions. If not for the situation I would have opted to go elsewhere. I went back and forth with 3 different people based off what I knew from my insurance and what they were trying to submit. Days later once they figured it out I was able to schedule my appointment. The extraction itself was ok (I was sedated) I will tell you, do not go here if you are nervous/anxious/unsure or just need a little hand holding. Even Dr. Bastacky is short and his "bedside manner" could be improved. After my extractions I developed dry socket, now these are my first extractions I don't know what this is what to expect or do. He didn't explain any of that, I had to look that up on Google . When I asked him what causes it his answer "If I knew the answer to that I'd have the Nobel Peace Prize" a futile attempt at humor when you could shed some light on what's happening in my mouth. I get it, they do this everyday it's second nature for them but not for me. I wouldn't recommend this office at all I'm sorry.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Front desk staff is terrible! Rude and unprofessional. Very unorganized office. This is my third time here and each time I've had to deal with misplaced paperwork. Waited over 50 min past my appointment time for a consult. Dr. Bastacky is great but with incompetence of the front desk staff, I will be looking for a new oral surgeon in the future.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

My implant (stage 2) procedure went fine, as did the prior appointments. As others have noted, the front office is the source of my issue. Tip: Arrive early, b/c when I arrived 10 minutes late, I was then made to wait for almost two hours for my 10 minute procedure. I totally should have rescheduled. All patients, bring patience!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr Bastacky is a great doctor. He is attentive and caring. His staff on the other hand is severely lacking customer service skills. One receptionist is actually quite rude. I have attempted to get a pre auth for an MRI 4 different times for over a week now to no avail. Its always one excuse after another. She also has an attitude over the phone. I have also made several requests for them to find out from the insurance company what out of pocket expenses are estimated to be for my upcoming procedure. Still nothing. So I paid nearly $400 for my initial visit a month ago and left with some scripts. Here we are a week from my procedure and still have no MRI because they cant seem to do something as simple as get a pre auth. Nor do i have an estimate of costs. This is very disappointing because Dr Bastacky was highly referred to me. I believe I will be cancelling my future appointments and my procedure and find a new Dr all because of his staff. Shame I spent all that money for nothing and I wouldnt refer him to anyone in the future.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Bastacky is a great oral surgeon. My mouth was so deteriorated that I couldn't eat because of pain. The jaw was extremely fragile. I consulted several specialists, all of whom told me there was no way to improve the situation. Two were afraid they would break my jaw if they touched it. A friend recommended Dr. Bastacky and we flew in from South America (Bolivia) to see him. He and his staff were exceptionally kind, professional and prompt. The surgery was handled with tremendous care and respect for us. Dr. Bastacky recommended dental implants, which he placed. Three days later we flew home. I now am able to eat most normal foods without reverting to a blender or food processor. What an amazing change in quality of life! Throughout the adjustment period Dr. Bastacky was quick to answer questions and to offer all necessary assistance. How would I rate my treatment? Dr. Bastacky gave me hope, then the reality of near-normal function with a minimum of pain.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. David C. Bastacky's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp