Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Seal

I cannot believe some of the comments I read on here about Dr. Seal. I read the ratings and reviews on this site and another site while sitting in the parking lot waiting for the first visit with him after my husband was referred to him with cancer of the jawbone and gum. I told my husband that if Dr. Seal was too rude, we would just leave and get a referral to someone else. The referring surgeon had said he is the best in the field, but I thought there had to be other good ones. However, when we went in, the staff was very friendly, took his co-pay and offered a receipt. The nurse who took us back was joking with us and put us very much at ease. When Dr. Seal entered the room, he introduced himself and was courteous and thorough in his exam. He answered all questions, ordered a PET scan (we already had the results of a CT), and proceeded from there to schedule and perform surgery. From that time on, every Dr. and nurse who has seen my husband has remarked about the superb quality of the surgery and the rapidity of his healing. Dr. Seal laughs and jokes with us on every visit, and quietens our fears throughout this ordeal. We love him and are very grateful for his vast knowledge and for basically saving my husband's life while preserving as much as possible of his facial features and quality of life. Thank you Dr. Seal and all the staff at Mission and Asheville Head, Neck and Ear!!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Surgery did not help, seen about a new problem, rude, terrible bedside manner, rude to me and my family, did nothing to help me, wouldn't let him "treat" me again for a scratch, would rather have my dignity, he gives a-holes a bad name

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

The worst doctor I have ever encountered, terrible bedside manner and nothing was explained at all. He spent 2 minutes in the room and walked out, no introductions, no eye contact .. his eyes stayed on the floor or his hands the whole time and didn't even help. I will be complaining to the manager.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Awesome! One of the team that's saving my life. Dr. Seal was honest, straight in presentation, and most professional. I was most fortunate and blessed to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

This was the second worst experience of all time. Me wife visited w/a temperature going on 14 days looking for help. We were 1 of 2 couples in the office. Arrived 20 min. Early for paperwork. 45 min past app time wife went back. Waited 30 more min. Dr. Seal w/ a God complex. Snide remarks to wife. Told her she needed a CT scan but had to pay $400 up front. Wife said she couldn't do that. Dr. Seal said," Well then, come back when you win the lottery". Wouldn't even listen to her. She left in tears!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Stay away from Dr. Stephen Seal!!! I was referred to him because I had a lump on my neck I wanted diagnosed. Not only does he have the worst bedside manner I've ever seen in a doctor, you can tell how arrogant he is just by the way he walks; then how he talks to you confirms it. He said what I had was a tumor in the parotid gland and he needed to do a biopsy to rule out cancer. Of course, I had to sign a waiver before the biopsy. When I questioned the assistant about the form, which claimed I had received information I never did, she said it was "just a standard form" —in other words, you either sign it or you don't get the biopsy, even if you're signing something that is not true. But I guess that's the medical industry in a nutshell. The biopsy was a quick procedure, and I went home with a band-aid on the punctured wound. The day after, however, the whole area was inflamed, bruised, I felt sick all over, had a fever and shooting pains throughout my head. The tumor was twice its size and extremely sore to the touch. It was the weekend, so I managed the pain as best as I could, although it made sleeping almost impossible. It still hurts, but I'm using homeopathy to treat it, now that I know what it is. I would NEVER again put myself in the hands of such mindless, incompetent doctor!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

This is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. Rude, condescending and apparently lacked any ability or intention of diagnosing or treating. Save yourself the money and agony of being in the same room with this man.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

In my own experience with Dr. Seal, I have no complaints. He's no hand-holder for sure, but as an adult woman in the medical field I don't really need that - I just need someone who can fix something that's wrong. I had nosebleeds for weeks before finally having one I couldn't stop. Went to the ER, got the mini-tampon up my nose to leave in for a couple days, and was referred by the ER doc to Dr. Seal for followup. Dr. Seal didn't communicate much but he did a great job and I haven't had any problems since. If you want more attention, do a little sniffling and crying, be all grateful, and he'll soften up. It wasn't my deliberate intention, I happened to be totally miserable and truly grateful. But it worked! lol I would likely recommend Dr. Seal, but would explain his personality. If a patient needs in-depth treatment, I might hesitate.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

My husband recently had sinus surgery. Staff was rude and appeared to more concerned with co pays and payment than giving preoperative or post operative instructions and/ or information. Staff including Dr. Seal are not professional or pleasant. I would highly recommend going to another doctor, where you can hopefully be treated with more respected instead just being another pay check.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I am 68 years old and I can safely say that Dr. Seal was the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to visit. He actually shoved me once when I didn't move fast enough. I came close to hitting him. He has absolutely no social skills. He asks no questions and he gives no information. He should have specialized in animals or corpses. Do not visit this doctor. He may be worse than no doctor at all. Try Dr. Stalford; he is wonderful. All his patients--including myself--laud him. Why is Seal still practicing??

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Stephen R. Seal's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1983)