Ratings for Dr. Cecilia S. Wang

She does not listen to her patients and overtalks them

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Doctor Cecilia Wang M.D. PHD Is a very through doctor, cares about her patients total physical and mental health her office is run efficiently I never have to wait long to see her. I am in my seventies she helped me get of some addictive drugs that could cause dementia, she always asks the right questions about medication reactions, family, work sleep and general health. I give her 5 stars as a psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Everyone is really friendly, If you are on time for the appointment you are seen quickly but if you run late and someone is front of you, then they make you wait, seems fair enough although sometimes they manage to squeeze me in if I just walk in. Dr. Wang is really kind, you just have to pay attention because of her accent. I don't question her way of doing things because she studied psychiatry and I haven't, I like how she can explain everything to me in full detail if I have a question. She's really saved me.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Wang it was difficult to communicate with her, she would mumble a lot when speaking. I was at a regular visit with her telling her, that I feel strongly that I am starting to feel a manic episode coming and feel my energy levels really ramping up. She then went on a whole rant telling me that she was going on vacation for 6 weeks in Asia and going on and on about how she hasn't been on vacation for over 7 years. I thought this was strange psychiatrists going away for six weeks. She gave me some sample medications and sent me on my way. Then I find out a few days later she never went on any vacation. As a patient I was very very upset. Dr. Wang is supposed to support and take care of her patients in their time of need. Not lie to them and tell them she's going on vacation for 6 weeks and won't be around. This was pathetic and wrong. Now I took a permanent vacation never to see Dr. Cecilia Wang again. She's a disgrace to the profession.

Submitted July 5, 2014

I had seen a psychiatrist in the past for about a year and received a diagnosis from them after several sessions of long, in-depth discussions. Said psychiatrist prescribed medication after explaining their benefits and potential side effects and his manner left me feeling secure with his decisions. I stopped seeing this other psychiatrist due to relocation and a change in insurance. Cue Dr. Wang... During my first visit with Dr. Wang, she declared that the other psychiatrist was completely wrong in their diagnosis. She had only known me for about 15 minutes at that point. I felt she wasn't really listening (she did most of the talking, too) and just wanted to get on with prescribing something fast. She basically said she wanted to try certain meds to see how I reacted to them, and then she would have a better idea of a diagnosis. She wanted me to try fairly new meds that don't have a generic ($$$) or a track record (basically, you're be a guinea pig). No thanks.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

This is not a doctor I would recommend, she did not take the time to understand my problems and would often rush my visits.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012