Ratings for Dr. Thomas Cody

Dr. Cody is my son's doctor and he has been nothing short of great. He has always followed up with us. Called on weekends, nights, whatever. Always been sweet to my little one and whatever tests we ask for, he gives them to us. I really am confused by the negative reviews, I find him to be fantastic and I would not have my small child see someone who I didn't think was taking great care of him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

This guy is not a good doctor.... I do think he tries, or maybe I'm reading him wrong and he's just a jerk. I came to him with lots of problems, some new some very old. He sat and listened to everything I had to say for 45 minutes, then basically told me I was a hypochondriac despite my diagnosis of severe Lyme of the 8th cranial nerve proven by MRI and long standing testicular pain. I made it clear I had NOT had medical care in a very long time, so a lot of these problems are realistic even if not related to my Lyme disease. Despite explaining to him I had joint pain all over my body, he told me there was nothing wrong. Despite the cranial nerve damage, no Lyme problems. I challenged this and he just shooed me. His write ups of me are somewhat insulting, quoting me should not be on a write up of our interaction. I don't know if he was mocking me or what. And worst of all, I came to him with severe testicular pain that might be taking away my ability to breed ever again. We'll see, but as of right now I'm OK. I have never heard of testicular pain not being treated right away from my internet searching. It's supposed to always be an emergency, longstanding or not. He literally told me it was a GI problem and the GI doctor had to refer me to a Urologist.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Rude receptionists and nurses. Incompetent MD. Even worse NP. Informed me that a lab result was negative, come to find out that specific lab test was never ordered. Had to self refer to specialists. Dr. Cody appeared timid when asked to elaborate on a diagnosis. Knowledge =0

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr.cody and his Nurse practicioner tested me for lyme the tests were inaccurate I suffered for months declining to the point of disability I was unable to walk do to joint pain. I researched my symptoms which were indicitive of lyme or other tick borne illnesses. He denied that the tests could be a false negative denying that I could have lyme but he couldn't give me a reason for being so ill. Helene the nurse stated i had "pseudo joint pain" before this I was a healthy 27 year old very active. Months had passed I was so ill I suffered from memory loss until my husband talked me into seeing a lyme literate dr I was given antibiotics and Ifeel great I have some lingering effects from lyme however I am 98% better. Thank god for the lyme dr or I may not be here today. Unfortunately I can't say the same about dr Cody and his staff who basically said this was in my head. Lyme is very controversial most drs don't believe it is lyme unless the tests come back pos. they r very inaccurate.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Cody is overwhelmed if you need anything but an antibiotic! Comments I have heard from Dr. Cody include, you scare me, you do not have the normal symtoms, I have never seen anything like this in someone your age.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Thomas Cody's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1998)