Ratings for Dr. Ilmar Soot

I found the same thing as the other two reviewers. Dr. Soot did not address my shoulder pain, took an xray and said nothing "mechanical" was wrong. We asked about pain meds as I cannot sleep it is so bad. He said it won't do any good. Said I could take aleve or advil if I wanted, but again wouldn't do any good.He also said, ice, heat, PT, meds, nothing will help. Just wait a couple months for the pain to go away and keep moving it.I too left frustrated.Although I found out I didn't have bone or joint damage, I still don't know what to do for pain, that is making me hold my shoulder up from pain and making my back,neck and other should have pain now.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Very grueling reception. I made 3 exhausting attempts to be seen here for hip/stomach & shoulder pain after a car accident 8mo ago & was referred up there BY MY DOCTOR. I finally spoke to one of their nurses who recommended Dr Soot as personable, long-time orthopedist who could address all my issues. I was excited for answers. But when I arrived my file said IME exam, not f/u for pain. 15min later, yes-I'm here for pain, not an exam!! After pprwork I saw Dr Soot 30min later. I pointed out my shoulder pain; my hip bone scan and xrays showed inflammation, but no decent discussion of pain or any resolution seemed important to him. The whole appt he seemed more concerned to tell me that he felt I had no trauma or injury based on the car damage instead of discussing my pain. I just couldn't believe it. I was there for help. I left there completely frustrated. This was the worst doctors appt I've ever had. Dr Soot was not personable &Reception bad. I wouldn't recommend this clinic to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009

Went to Dr Soot, with a badly swollen foot, and he came in the room and after about three minutes he was called out for a phone call which turned into a "telephone conference call", which lasted 45 minutes, he left me in the exam room with a student Dr, who told me the telephone call was scheduled and I replied so was I. (thus we were double booked), and this is totally unacceptable. He looked at my ankle and wrote detailed notes about my ankle which i never mentioned or told him about, once i got a hold of the medical notes he wrote, I could not believe it!!! as he totally missed my swollen foot problem. I subsequently had a friend of mine go to him for shoulder repair surgery against my advice which was botched and needing another surgery by another surgeon. Dr Soot is not a good health care provider, and i would not trust him with my health care and NOT recommending him!!, he does not show good care to his patients,and he is hard to talk to, evasive and not personable at all

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr. Ilmar Soot's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1971)