Ratings for Dr. D. MARK Snelson

Went in once and met with him over general anxiety. Didn't help much...Never been back since...

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I have to agree with others on this site. He is easily frustrated by a lack of progress, too stubborn to change his approach, and ultimately too stupid to see how his patience suffer due to this. Either he is a money grabbing conman, or a grossly incompetent quack. I don't know which is worse.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Terrible. Is more concerned with pushing a diagnosis and medicine on a patient than treating them with therapy. Therapy "sessions" are really him talking off-topic, on the phone, or being late to sessions. Even during his attempt at therapy, he only tries to convince you of perceived problems, and it's one after another as long as he gets his money and another appointment. Save your money and stay away.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Kind, caring, thoughtful, and knowledgeable. Excellent therapist and psychiatrist. Always punctual. Wonderful office staff.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

He's is worthless and VERY condescending and rude!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Dr. Snelson is a good "therapist" with regard to counseling issues. Asks good, direct questions which elicit thoughtful answers. This aspect shows that he cares about what is going on personally. regarding the medication part (which is primarily what his profession is)he is difficult to work with at times. He initially asked me what I "needed" medication wise--and I dind't know--I am not the Dr. When we began treatment, it took a while to find a combination that worked for me. He became irritated with me and stated "that we have tried everything and nothing works" (I had tried 6 or so and there are dozens of meds out there). When we found a combination that worked, and I related that two of the meds when taken simultaneously really helped, he became very controlling,almost to the point where I had to beg for the meds that help me. He has loosened up some, but still I have to work at it. I am considering changing Dr. But again, he is a good therapist. I do think he cares, but....

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Seek help elsewhere. Long time patient and not sure why...dr. cares more about making money than caring for patient. Very old school treatment and communication style. Bad office help. Rude.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

With only describing symptoms and background information, Dr. Snelson was able to prescribe a medication suitable for me. He constantly checks in with my progress with medication and he also provides advice on how to better personal behaviors that trigger depressive episodes. I always feel comfortable and cared for during sessions. Dr. Snelson is very likable and friendly. My recovery has been quite successful because he was able to provide quality care for me. Dr. Snelson makes it very possible for anyone to obtain the care they need. He is just a very laid back psychiatrist and very easy to talk to about personal issues. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone in need of a psychiatrist!

Submitted February 1, 2009

Dr. D. MARK Snelson's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1973)