Ratings for Dr. Laura Detti

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Detti and Regional One. I was supposed to have an IUI in April and after the ultrasound, they called and said that Ms. Williams, who was over the lab was "on FMLA" and they did not know when they would open the lab again, so they were unable to perform the IUI. They advised to call at the beginning of each month to check. I called each month for 3 months, and every month was the same answer, they don't know when Ms. Williams is coming back from FMLA, check next month. After 3 months, I found another doctor that basically said everything Dr. Detti told me was not accurate and I did not have the diagnosis of PCOS that she told me that I had. I asked Dr. Detti's lab to send my specimens to the new lab and they advised that they did not do that, I would have to transport it myself with a tank from the new lab. I did this and they they tried to charge me $250 for transportation, when they did not do any transporting. I did it myself. I received a bill 3 months later for the ultrasound that I had in April that was pointless because they were unable to do the IUI that month. When I picked up the specimens, I picked them up from Ms. Williams who was allegedly on FMLA until an undetermined time. Dr. Detti said the lab would be opened again in September. They were not honest and strung me along all those months. I would not recommend anyone to go there for fertility treatment.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Probably the kindest doctor that I have ever worked with. Dr. Detti and her staff at Regional O will make you feel like a person and not just a number. I am still not sure where me and my husband's infertility journey will end up, but we will be starting our IVF journey with Dr Detti and her team this summer. I trust her, every step of the way. So grateful to have found her.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I love doctor detti I would recommend her to anybody my ivf was an success and she is very caring and loving I thank God for her..

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I only have positive things to say about Dr.Detti and her team. They are efficient,thorough, ensure that you understand everything about your condition/situation.. they make you feel as an equal not a business transaction!!! I highly recommend Dr. Detti!!! KUDOS to her and her team!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

She is sweet but I rather stick with Fertility Associates Of Memphis because they are smart. I need smart to get pregnant. Dr Detti told me I had a 13mm and it disappeared all within 2 minutes. I thought about letting her do IVF but with her lack of knowledge I won't even let her give me a pap smear. She is still sweet though

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Detti is a nice doctor but didn't feel like she's as experienced in her field; she told me I need surgery when I didn't. She told me I had pcos when I didn't. When we were talking she kept asking me questions when she should've reviewed my records before meeting with me. Her nurse isn't nice and told me to look on the internet how to use my injections, I felt like I was in the wrong hands and had to make a switch and look for someone else and I did. So happy I did. I usually don't write reviews but thought I'd save someone the time and money and not waste their time there.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

My husband and I saw Dr. Detti at Fertility Associates of Memphis. Best experience I have ever had. Was so nervous, scared, on our first meeting. All that changed when we met with Dr. Detti. She found right away what had caused our 3 miscarriages and after just 3 short months we were pregnant with our twins, who are now two. No invasive treatments, easy fix for us.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

I read some of Dr. Detti's previous reviews, mostly associated with the Fertility Associates of Memphis. Well, Dr. Detti has left that practice and opened a new one, the UTMG Center for Reproductive Medicine on Wolf River. My experience there was wonderful, the staff were very courteous greeting me with smiles. I only waited about 5 minutes before I was meeting Dr. Detti. She has a very positive attitude and gave me such hope! She spent well over an hour with me, even did an ultrasound, set me up for my blood work, then scheduled another appointment for the following week so we could discuss my lab results. When I returned, Dr. Detti explained in detail and actually gave me a reason why I was having difficulty getting pregnant. My husband came with me on this visit and did his semen analysis, we had results before we left the office. A plan was devised, specifically for us. Dr. Detti is a knowledgeable physician and I believe my husband and I will conceive under her care!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

The first time I saw Dr. Detti, I don't even think she had read medical records. She was asking me questions that would have been answered if she had read the records. I wanted to have fibroids removed to increase my chance of getting pregnant, but her first thought was to recommend a hysterectomy. She asked if my husband and I had children as an after thought. She did not strike me as a competent doctor, and I did not feel like she cared about helping us have a baby.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012