Ratings for Dr. Tracey T. Hughes

Horrible, Horrible experience Spent the last year and a half w/ Hughes as my GYN. She performed laparoscopic surgery three times in 14 months telling me the pain I was experiencing was cysts on my left ovary. Went to her office earlier this week, my appt was at 11:30, I arrived at 11:15. Was brought into doctors room by a very nice nurse with my fiancé and spent two hours waiting for her(Hughes) to come in. By 1:40 she finally walked in and spent 10 minutes with me. She did a pelvic exam within the first two minutes and then tells me the pain is not coming from your ovary, it's your uterus and you have a disease inside of it, and only way we can definitively tell if it's this is to perform a hysterectomy. I'm 25 with no kids yet so that's not a option. She then tells me I ONLY have two other choices and that I can see a different doctor if I want to get another opionion. I say of course I want a second opinion, that's when I'm told she won't give me pain medication and that she gave me two options and I HAVE to choose one or the other. I was so shocked I didn't have time in that measly 10 mins to even think of questions to ask her before she leaves the room. I, of course want a 2nd opinion before I go and just let her put me on medication I may not need seeing as after 1 1/2 years she has made me believe the pain is my ovary and within ten minutes it's now something even worse I will have to deal with...I'm in so much pain and have already spent a day in the ER because of pain once this month. It's not how I want to spend my day but when you're in such discomfort and agony it's the only option you have. I have read many reviews about her and they are mostly horrible and back my feelings about her as a professional Doctor. She is so rude and dismissive and seems like a very very bitter mean old woman. I do not whatsoever recommend this person. She is truly the most disgusting excuse for a doctor I've ever come across

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Was forced into going through a surgery to find out why I had chronic pain. Yeah, she didn't hold a gun to my head, or tie me up. But she berated me so badly, that I was completely confused as to what was going on. Any time I asked if that was the only option, she'd roll her eyes. She made it seem as if I didn't go through the surgery, I'd perish. Well. Afterwards, she was nowhere to be found. I asked the recovery staff, called the office. Nothing. I looked at my discharge papers. A surgery I didn't agree to was on there. Not only did I not agree to it, no doctor would give a 21 year old woman that procedure anyways! Even if she did want it. I was told I was given the wrong paperwork and to stop calling about it. Brushed it off until I went to a doctor to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant. Well, dr. Hughes decided to take that from me. I'm devastated. I'm truly devastated.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I waited over an hour for my first ultrasound; only to be told there was no heartbeat. She gave me on 2 options, get it "taken care of" in the office or take medication to have it pass on my own. I chose in the office, since I had never had a miscarriage before, I had no idea what to expect. She was running way behind and showed it when she just ripped my baby from me and carried on with her day. It was so painful; I'm not sure what was more traumatic, losing my baby or getting it ripped from me minutes after I found out. I had another miscarriage but obviously switched to Paul Smith, and it was night and day the care that I receive from dr Hughes and dr smith. He took the time and he CARED. He put me under, as he did with all of his patients so they don't have experience was dr Hughes does to hers.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I saw her and waited a long time in waiting room but she was very nice and asked me if I had any?'s before she left and gave me all. all the time I needed also explained in detail the procedure she will be doing. Very friendly to me... seemed to know her stuff..

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Tracey Hughes butchered my insides and has caused many months of pain and suffering. She does not know what she is doing. Please find someone another physician.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Hughes and her staff are TOP NOTCH. Dr. Hughes is direct but has a great sense of humor. Her staff are very professional and sure know their stuff. They have been very helpful to me, took time to answer all my questions and even followed up on my treatment with a caring phone call. You cannot get much better than that. I highly recommend Dr. Hughes and I am so glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr. Hughes was wonderful. She was direct and to the point. She answered all of my questions and was very patient with me. Her staff was just as wonderful, and I would recommend her to any of my friends. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

RUDE! Her bedside manner is atrocious. Appalling. Within 2 minutes of meeting her for the first time, she demanded I needed exploratory surgery. When I asked why I couldnt explore less intrusive procedures, I was told that that she was the doctor, and that I had to do it. I felt bullied into it. She was rude in the recovery 'room', and bailed, even though I had questions. I called the office to ask her questions, and was treated with horrendous disrespect. She refused to answer me. She overlooked a condition someone with her education should have been able to notice and did not do the procedure properly. I will never agree to see her again, and I wouldn't even send someone I hated to see her. A friend saw her and was so scared of her, she left and never went back. I wish I could have been that smart.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

While the nurses and staff at Dr. Hughes office were very nice and accommodating Dr. Hughes herself was rude and condescending. I waited over a half an hour in the examine room (which was freezing by the way). I was there because I had a mis-carriage the day before. This was my first pregnancy and my first miscarriage. When I asked questions Dr. Hughes asked me, “what book I had been reading to get me all worked up.” She was cold and unfriendly. I would not recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Tracey was great. She helped me get pregnant and then saw me through 2 pregnancies, one of which was very complicated. She's not going to sit around and gab about the latest issue of Star Magazine and sing Kumbaya but she is going to be a great Doctor, which is certainly what I needed. Thanks Tracey.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Tracey T. Hughes's Credentials

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bangor, ME