Ratings for Dr. Hillel D. Skoff

I had an accident in work. Bones in my hand were crushed. I was told by my employer I had to find a hand surgeon who would take Worker's Comp. I called 36 doctors from the Cape to Newburyport and west to Worcester. NO ONE would take me because of the rates. By accident Dr. Skoff's assistant told me he accepts WC. When he examined my hand I explained the situation. He said I'm sorry I don't accept WC. Who told you that. I got up to leave saying I was sorry I had gotten the wrong info from his assistant and wasted his time. He said wait. He then said he couldn't send me away with my hand in that condition 15 months after the accident. He did it. He was very kind to me. He apologized that he had to remove a bone that had deteriorated over a year. It has now been 13 years with NO PROBLEMS with the hand. The average is 10 years and it might have to have another operation. I am thoroughly pleased with his concern, his willingness to accept a really low rate of payment and his skills.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Skoff is fantastic. He is clearly knowledgeable. He was kind to me, with a great bedside manner, and he did not recommend surgery for my cyst (though he easily could have). I eventually opted for it on my own, and it was accomplished beautifully. Also, the office is very well-run and professional.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

This guy has an EVIL personality! Yes, he's technically skilled, but I had to go through surgery alone (no family) and I was scared. He was so unkind. When I told him I get nauseated for narcotics. he said (in an exasperated tone) "Well what DO you want?" If there's a next time, time I'll go around with a broken wrist rather than having him opewrtate.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Hillel D. Skoff's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)