Ratings for Dr. Thomas L. Salazer

We have been to dozens of doctors in and out of hospitals in the past couple of years for my husband's cancer, sepsis, heart disease, knee replacements, back surgeries, etc. and have found Dr. Salazar to be compassionate and knowledgeable, however his staff is disconnected and uncaring compared to all of our experiences. We needed a one week follow-up from an ER visit - the best they could do was 6 weeks. He lost another 10 pounds and continues to spiral downward while waiting. We got lost on our way to the appointment - (a 100 + mile trip) and called in a panic for directions - was told we would have to wait until the end of the day to see him because we were 9 minutes late. Never have been late before-ever and would probably have had to wait 10+ minutes anyway! Felt like a child being punished. Sorry I took him out of his death bed for this and turned right around -drove home. Dr. Salazar did call us to reschedule but we cant get past the attitude of the staff. So. if you can get past the reception desk he's worth it. -just don't get lost! As for us, we are looking for a new kidney specialist.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr Salazer is a brilliant, yet caring person.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I am 76 years old. At my age I have seen all kind of doctors. Dr. Salazer reminds of the doctors we use to have. The kind that would call you with your results, see how you are and spend so much time with you when you go to his office. He is my primary care and Kidney Doctor. Couldn't ask for anyone better.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr salazer is highly recomened. His staff is excellent, especially the receptionist veera,she is always helpful.he is very caring .

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

All I can say is we put our lives in these doctors hands.They can bring us back from the brink of death or one mistake its all over!My husband is in Dr.Salazars caring hands.I trust him with my husbands life! The whole group is great! But Dr.Thomas Salazar has the gift. He's caring, compassionate, funny, just a beautiful person.So intellegent in his field! We thank God for leading us to him in my husbands fight for Life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr Salazer is my primary physician. As such, he is very competent and possesses a broad knowledge in many fields. He is the best Dr. I've ever had. Heck of a nice guy, as well. I would be his personal body guard if he'd allowed me.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Salazar. He has done wonders with my father who is going to be 95 years old this month. He is caring and takes the time to speak to us in terms that we can understand. There is is no rating high enough to rate this doctor who is very smart and very compassionate. His staff have always answered my calls and the doctor also has called me when I have asked to speak to him. Lillian and Moretta from his office staff are very professional.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Salazer cared for my father when he was hospitalized with major kidney issues. Dr. Salazer was not only incredibly competent, but one of the nicest most caring people I have ever met. He explained everything in terms my father and I could understand - gave us options, and took the time to be compassionate with me. You feel like he is your only patient even though he is extremely busy. He saved my father's kidneys. There aren't ratings on this scale high enough for Dr. Salazer.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr Salazer is very caring. Will always take the time to listen to you. I have been going to him for 12 years

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Absolutely the most intelligent, kind physician you will ever come across. He has been my doctor for over 10 years, and I don't know what I would ever do without him. Yes, he is very busy and keeps a tight schedule, but always makes the time to talk to you, answer your questions and discuss any issues you are having. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr. Thomas L. Salazer's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1989)

AARP
Oxford
Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "We have been to dozens of doctors in and out of hospitals in the past couple of years for my husband's cancer, sepsis, heart disease, knee replacements, back su..."

July 28, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=27899'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014