Ratings for Dr. Jean P. Simon

Excellent physician with a lot of experience In dealing with women"issues including abnormal bleeding.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

My wife has been going to Dr. Simon for years and he is the best!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Dr. Simon is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and does not hesitate during appointments. He gets right to the point and is always reassuring. I trust his professional opinion on everything. He has been my Ob/Gyn for many years now and I have never been more comfortable.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

He billed me for a major procedure I did not have. Ins. col paid it.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

I read many negative reviews about Dr. Simon but decided to see him regardless. Coming out of the appt, I must say I am fairly pleased. My biggest complaint was the wait time- I got there at 9:05 for my 9:10 appt and there were already 3 people ahead of me and a patient that came in after I did was seen before I was. I was actually seen by the doctor around 9:45, and he apologized for the wait. But once I got into the appt the doctor was thorough with his questions but very quick and efficient- which is everything I think one can hope for in a gyno. The whole exam was maybe 10 minutes. Awesome. He was very nice and polite in demeanor. The facilities, yes are in a townhome and not in a hospital-like sterile setting, but I think that’s okay… there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, which was strange. And I also found it strange that they asked for my copay before the appt… don’t they usually do this after? But it did make for a quicker exit.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

EXCELLENT AND VERY CARING PHYSICIAN I have been a patient of Dr Simon for over 20 years and if it was not for Dr Simon, I would not have had my daughter 16 years ago.Dr Simon is really excellent, very caring,just the best.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Greedy and unprofessional doctor. He doesn't listen to you. To exam my breast he spent less than 1 minute, not to mention the vaginal exam... awful, just awful! stay away from him. I had a problem with my period, abnormal menstruation and he gave me a referral to an specialist in fertility when I am not even considering to give birth.I just wonder how this guys manages to stay practicing...

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Please stay away from any doctors at this facility, called Midtown Medical on W. 54th St. Dr. Simon should have never studied this field of medicine because, he is the opposite of everything an OB/GYN should be. He rushes through your visit after waiting forever to see him, (although you reached on time for your appointment.) I wanted to speak to him in person about choosing another birth control pill without his assistant in the room, and he refused, saying it was a law in NY to have an assistant in the room at all times. I've never heard of that law, maybe for examinations or pap smears, etc, but to have a conversation about the pill i wanted to use. He just hurriedly prescribed another pill without discussing any sides effects. I never want to see this doctor again. I which there was an option of giving him a zero. By the way, the staff is not pleasant either.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

He referred me to another gyn, an oncologist, but never told me reasons for the referral. I only found out that she was an oncologist when I called. He refused to give any information to me about my pap, yet I had to see someone else. When I went to the other doctor, they had not faxed over my file. When she finally got my file, she had no idea why I had been referred. He also tried to push me to get the HPV shot, which I had no intention of getting and nastily said, "Well, we'll see what happens then." He was rude, pushy and completely secretive. I would never recommend him to anyone and I will never go back.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! BEWARE!! I went with my wife who was pregnant and he was listed in our network (GHI). I made the appointment for my wife and when I made the appointment, I told the person that we were coming in because she was pregnant. When my wife arrived, she also told the receptionist that she was pregnant and that was the reason for our visit. When we finally entered the examination room, which by the way is dingy and old, another nurse asked again why we there. The nurse ran out and spoke with the doctor. After about 5 minutes, the nurse came back to say that the doctor did do pregnancies and that she would be returning the copay. While waiting for the money, the doctor could see me, but he didn't come out and apologize, nor did anyone but the receptionist apologize for the mistake. Instead we both felt embarrassed and humiliated. It was the worst experience ever!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. Jean P. Simon's Credentials

• Univ Rene Descartes (Paris V), Uer Cochin-Port Royal, Paris, France (Grad. 1982)