Ratings for Dr. Louis F. Plzak

Dr. Plzak is a really nice guy, very knowledgeable, and very gentle. I went in for a cystoscopy (never had one before), and it was super easy! I've had pap smears that were more uncomfortable. He explained my condition, what he was doing and why, all very well. His staff are all very helpful. Dr. Plzak was running late from a surgery, and they kept me updated, but I don't think I even waited 30 minutes. The gentleman who did my ultrasound - unfortunately I didn't get his name - was kind and funny as well.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dismissive and arrogant. Probably a good enough technician, but not helpful in dealing with sensitive personal health issues. Certainly not a healer. Will find another provider.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Good service over about 5 years with BPH. Tried medications for about 18 months with no response. Required TURP (not laser) and it worked like a charm. In and out overnight. Lou Plzak does hundreds of TURPs a year and he is very good at them. Only complaint was we seemed to stick with meds (Uroxatrol and Avodart) for a longer time then necessary when it was obvious that they weren't working. I understand that the TURP is surgery and meds are preferable but I was getting zero response from meds. Bottom line is I recommend Lou Plzak for BPH and other prostate issues.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr. Plzak is an amazing doctor! Not only have I been his patient but I also had the pleasure of working for him for three years. He always goes out of his way to make his patients feel comfortable and answer any questions they may have, he will also fit patients into his very busy schedule at the last minute just because he is such a nice guy. Anybody researching him should really take this advice from me because I know him as a patient and employee, he is simply the best and you will not be dissapointed.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Louis F. Plzak's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1996)