Ratings for Dr. Charles R. Smith

I chose Dr. Smith after reading his profile on the Scripps site. We waited for awhile because he was finishing up with another patient, which I don't mind, as long as he is willing to give me the same courtesy. He came in and started asking questions. Normal procedure. When I shared with him that I was experiencing 99% of the symptoms of MS, and added that I was not claiming I did, just stating the fact that I am now living with an overwhelming majority of the symptoms, he turned to me and said "Well, I don't think you do." I then asked "Well, what about {this symptom} ? What about {that one}?" This is what he quickly boiled it down to : Growing facial numbness = Too much Vitamin B6. So he ordered a blood test. It came out completely normal. Increasing, severe weakness and atrophy in arms and right leg = (get ready for this) Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (!) He also very authoritatively told me that a hysterectomy didn't make any difference in a woman's sex life. Really?!?! Has he had one lately? I had one in 2000, and while my husband and I are doing fine, it certainly has made some difference for me. Enough said. I will not be revisiting Dr. Smith. Three strikes and you're out and he managed to hit all three (and more) on the first visit.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Worst doctor ever. How can he continue practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Smith seemed to be annoyed that I had come to his office to be evaluated for peripheral neuropathy. As I was walking out of his office he stated to my back that he thought all I have is "depression", which he documented in my patient chart. On my second visit I attempted to refocus Dr. Smith on the peripheral neuropathy that I wanted to be evaluated. He ordered an EMG, which I had done, but I never received a call back regarding follow up, although it was documented in my chart that I had been called. I am currently being evaluated for Charcot Marie Tooth Disease in Arizona. That's amazing to me when Scripps is one of the research centers for Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. I am a 30-yr retired RN.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013