Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Bellafiore

Dr. Bellafiore is an exceptional Dentist. I suffered with sinus problems for years going to different physicians and dentists. When I went to Dr. Bellafiore he showed me on the ex-ray how my wisdom teeth were affecting my sinuses and they needed to be removed. I am deathly afraid of having dental work but, Dr. Bellafiore made me feel comfortable and the extractions were minimal pain.He even called me that night to see how I was doing. He informs you of every thing he is doing every step of the way. Needless to say I'm am pain free. No more sinus issues. Thank you Dr. Bellafiore!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Beware of Matthew Bellafiore, DDS!!! I had a very bad experience with him. He recommended 2 relatively expensive procedures (replacing a bridge and a gold inlay to fill a cavity in a wisdom tooth). I felt he pushed me to start the latter while I was in the dentist's chair and I was very upset during and after the appointment, and I was in pain. I got 2 second opinions, which cost me time and money, and both dentists told me they disagreed with the recommendations. They both said they do not believe in gold inlays for wisdom teeth and both said my bridge was structurally sound. I believe Dr. Bellafiore owes me money, and I am taking him to court. I have lost hours of work and suffered what I believe to be unnecessary pain from his dental work.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Matthew L. Bellafiore's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A graduate of the highly esteemed New York University Dental School Doctor of Dental Surgery DDS program, Dr. Bellafiore is thrilled to have had the privilege of serving New York residents for over twenty years. He and his staff want to make sure that they merit your trust and confidence by making you feel welcome and safe and understood, and by focusing on advanced training and innovative technology. He and his staff are passionate about continuing education. Dr. Bellafiore maintains membership with the Student/Alumni of the Pankey Institute for advanced dental education and the Peter Dawson Center for advanced dental studies. In doing so, he has completed five continuums at the Pankey Institute and four continuums at the Peter Dawson Center. Dr. Bellafiore continues to take extensive courses in dental implants. He received fellowship status and is an active member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) for implant surgery and implant restorations, is certified in Invisalign and is also an active member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry and Northeastern Society of Periodonists and Alumni of the Pankey Institute A graduate of the highly esteemed New York University College of Dentistry with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. Dr. Bellafiore is thrilled to have had the privilege of serving New York residents for over twenty years. Dr. Bellafiore and his staff want to make sure that they merit your trust and confidence by making you feel welcomed, safe and understood, by focusing on advanced training and state-of the art innovative technology Dr. Bellafiore and his staff are dedicated to helping patients avoid dental problems like decay and gum disease by providing a full spectrum of preventative care. This includes but not limited to routine exams, cleanings, and treatment for mild, moderate and severe gum disease; such as gum grafting, laser treatments, dental implant procedures and full mouth reconstruction. Every member of dental team is committed to patient education; each team member provides customized care and individualized attention to every patient. Patients leave the office knowing how to protect their teeth and gums between office visits, and that they have received the best possible care and most advanced treatment available in a safe, relaxing patient-centered environment. Dr. Bellafiore has more than 20 years of practice experience and is dedicated to learning new techniques and employing state-of-the-art technology at his charming Brooklyn Heights office. He maintains an active membership in The Pankey Institute's program for advanced dental education, The Spear Study Club and The Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies. In addition, he is a fellow and active member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) for implant surgery and implant restorations. He is also an active member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry and Northeastern Society of Periodontists. He is certified in the popular Invisalign® orthodontic system for straighter, healthier teeth. When not caring for patients, Dr. Bellafiore enjoys spending time with his wife and his 3 children. His personal hobbies include: woodworking, playing guitar, running, bicycling, skiing, and fishing.

• English