Ratings for Dr. Iris Sherman

Dr. Sherman was listed on the United Health Care NYState Health Exchange. I called UHC to confirm this and they assigned her to me for primary care.I called her office,said I have UHC, with on the new NYS plan as of January. I was very clear. The day before the app't, the office called to confirm.I arrived at the office on time.They asked for my insurance card,made a copy.I was taken in, asked to get into a gown, wt, ht, b.p taken.Dr S came in.I explained that I was returning to her & that I now have the new insurance. SHE THEN TOLD ME THAT SHE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE!!! She tried to blame UHC for erroneously listing her and for not making the print larger on the front of the card--and also implying that the newness of Obamacare had contributed.SHE TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY for the screwup. NONE. Glad I found this out about her before getting started and encountering this attitude over a real medical crisis.Nice in tone but, in my opinion, incompetently run office.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

The average ranking of 3 that other reviewers have given Dr. Sherman does not jibe with my excellent experience with her and her office. Extremely knowledgeable, very thorough, genuine concern for her patients and reassuring bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

Dr Sherman seemed like a nice person, but didn't really seem like she knew what she was doing as a physician. She always kept herself at a safe distance, rarely touched me, and seemed to lack confidence and medical knowledge. When serious medical concerns arose, she ordered tests that had nothing to do with the problems at hand, holding up my need to get to the bottom of the real problem. I was unable to get test results from her office, and when I finally asked her why she ordered certain tests and their relationship to the problems I was having she became nasty and defensive and couldn't explain her rationale to me. Interestingly, I found out that the problem I was having was not one that was so complicated or unusual that she should have been so stumped by how to deal with it/who to send me to. Unless you have the most basic medical needs I would skip this doctor..and even if you only have basic needs you should still think about getting good preventative care.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

she's always on time and takes the time to listen. i have never felt rushed out of her office. She certainly meets my needs. But her staff stinks.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Dr. Iris Sherman's Credentials

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1993)