Ratings for Dr. James H. Marshall

Dr. Marshall is a very wise and discerning man. My husband went in for a sinus infection that was not responding to antibiotic treatment. Dr. Marshall ordered additional outpatient tests. To our dismay, a mass was revealed. Needless to say, we were overwhelmed. Dr. Marshall was comforting and counseled us in the process of treatment. His staff was wonderful in setting up appointments with the surgeon and making sure we had appropriate referrals in place and all patient records forwarded to the appropriate physician offices. We are thankful and grateful to God for allowing my husband a complete recovery.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

He is the best. I have never had a problem with him. He has been my doctor since 1997. And if something was wrong that he didn't think he could fix a situation he sent me to a doctor he thought could. He is the best.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Poor bedside manner. Misdiagnosed me on more than one occasion! When I changed doctors I tried to get my medical records a few months later they told me they couldn't find any!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Was my sons Dr for 3 years we hardly ever went to see him. He had step on a nail and it was really bothering him and he could not put any pressure on it! Was told not to worry about getting him crutches so I guess he was supposed to just hop around school and I tried to manage his pain with Tylenol and Motrin the whole day it didn't help so when his was screaming and crying in pain at 10 pm at night I called him because with my husband on deployment I had no one that late to call to watch him to go to the ER so let's just say he pretty much said for him to deal with it and he would send him to someone else tomorrow and as I was asking him if there was anything else I could do to help he hung up on me. So instead of his Dr we had saw that same day and seen how much pain he was in helping I took my 2 young boys to the ER at 11pm on a school night! Also I went right after Dr and got crutches for him! NO ONE go to this dr! Maybe when he starts losing money he will start caring!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Probably one of the most gentle and caring doctors I have ever been to - yes, he is a Christian and yes, you do listen to Christian music in his waiting room and in my opinion never hurt to have a doctor of faith treating me but his faith never was overbearing in his treatment. Only place that I have been to that if I had an emergency and needed to get in I got in on the same day, not two weeks later. He treated my and my son for 5 years and was sad to leave when we moved. Highly recommend and if his faith and music bothers you then either wear earphones so you dont hear because if you are going to see a doctor and discount him because of those things then you really need to reevaluate what your criteria for picking a doctor is. He is ABSOLUTELY one of the best in Birmingham.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Frankly, I am a little surprised at what I'm reading from other patients. Dr. Marshall treated our family from 2002 to 2012 when we moved out of state, and I never saw an untoward side of him. A soft-spoken man, he was always very personable and kind, and never seemed put off by any question I asked--he'd answer my questions, and never appeared impatient or annoyed. As for his overt promotion of Christianity, I must admit that I, too, found it unusual, to say the least. But the choice was mine to read or not read the printed materials, and although I wasn't fond of the music, it wasn't because of its subject matter. I didn't care for the STYLE of the music, which can happen in any waiting room. Still, even as a Christian myself, I can understand how off-putting the soft-sell proselytizing might be, even to other Christians, and I if I were a physician, I'd make different choices about the impression and overall vibe my practice gave off.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Suggested my faith might help with curing the problem. I fired him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr.Marshall is extremely knowledgable and insightful. My husband was transferred from New Jersey to Hoover.We were delighted to meet such warm and caring office staff. My husband went in for a physical and Dr. Marshall found something on exam that was unusall. Dr. Marshall ordered diagnostic tests that confirmed my husband had a rare cancer. We had to go out of state for treatment. Dr. Marshall and His staff took care of securing all referrals and initial appointments for us. They continued to encourage us throughout the entire process. my husband is in remission now. We will always be grateful for Dr. Marshall's wisdom and insight.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

My family of 6 has been cared for by Dr Marshall for over 9 years. His staff is excellent and has info on any speciality one might need to be referred to. They always call to check on us and make all appts out of the office as well.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

Dr. Marshall may be very knowledgeable, but his demeanor does not convey this. I am also slightly concerned that his open Christianity may not allow a diverse clientèle to feel comfortable in his office. I am a Christian, but I believe your actions should speak for themselves, making the music unnecessary and a little inconsiderate of other with differing beliefs.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

Dr. James H. Marshall's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

MB Health