Ratings for Dr. Allison W. Twente

Referred by GAL during custody dispute. Highly recommend. Helped our family tremendously. We will continue to see her as needed and recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr Twente was a huge help to us and especially our teenage daughter who looks forward to her time with Dr. Twente. I would especially recommend her in custody issues since she has the child's best interest at heart and takes the time necessary to truly get to the root of issues and situations before making any recommendations. She is not biased toward mom or dad, but instead is very focused on the mental and physical well being of the child. She is also very knowledgeable clinically in making these decisions. My only "complaint' would be that she doesn't always use the full hour (sometimes as short as 30 minutes) and with our insurance not accepted that is an expensive chunk time. However, we feel it was well worth it.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I really believe Dr. Twente did more damage to my daughter and to our family because of her work with our daughter than if she hadn't seen Dr. Twente at all. It was only after we moved our daugher to a different counselor did she really improce! Additionally the Westhampton Family Psychology staff is rude and incompetent at filling out insurance claims. I needed to do all the work to get her paid for 8 visits, and this only after she sent me hastily to collections. The office stadd actually hung on on me when I asked questions about my invoices because they "were too busy" and it was now a "collections matter". There are so many excellent counselors in Richmond. Unfortunately Allison Twente is not one of them.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014