Ratings for Dr. David J. Kosins

I went to see dr. Kosins for trichotillomania a while back, and continued to see him for over a year. While he does have some knowledge of trich and BFRB's in general, and I respect the fact that he's working with disorders that aren't very well studied, he essentially ran out of subjects to talk with me about (although I wasn't feeling like I'd been helped enough) and failed to give me appropriate referrals despite my requests. I only got one, who never responded to my email. He also had some weird hangups/ judgy opinions about how much makeup women should wear and things like that that came out which made me uncomfortable and felt unprofessional, not to mention the fact that he always ended our sessions early. Not the doc for me, I'm afraid.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I was having some anxiety and decided to contact David, after an initial call he said that it would take him a couple of sessions to have an assessment and define the time it would take to get over the anxiety. I had 5 sessions with him and never had an assessment from him, he wanted to have more sessions to finalize the assessment, which I thought it was a bit too much, especially considering each session is $200, so I had paid him $1000 and didn't have an assessment from him and/or a plan for future sessions. To make things even worse, I stopped seeing him since I didn't see any results and he kept charging my credit card for two more months. Now I am in the middle of disputing those charges.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr Kosins has a one size fits all approach. His sessions are short and he over charges. He doesn't take the time to listen and understand. I was highly disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Dr. Kosins is an outstanding psychologist. I had been looking for years for someone who could help me with my health anxiety. It’s so important to have a good rapport and mutual respect in a doctor/patient relationship. Dr. Kosins is attentive, thoughtful and genuine. I’ve always felt that he truly wants to help me overcome my obstacles and am encouraged along the way. It’s clear that he’s passionate about what he does and is always continuing to research and learn so he can best assist his patients. He will also make you stick to your plans and goals and hold you accountable – which is great. He additionally offers a variety of group sessions geared toward numerous phobias and issues. At first, I didn’t think group sessions would benefit me, but when I leave I always feel that I’ve learned something. He truly is the leader in his field here in Seattle and you won’t be disappointed if you are seeking help with any type of anxiety (and a variety of other psychological issues).

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Dr. Kosins is empathetic and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him as a psychologist.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011