Ratings for Dr. Julia S. Kahan

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Kahan has done both of my knees and I am feeling great. She is knowledgable, approachable and a very good surgeon. At the end of the day how you feel after your surgery is what counts and I am problem free and not in pain. I have recommended Dr Kahan to others who have had successful surgery as well.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Kahan performed my ankle surgery in Oct. of 2005. I know it's been awhile but I stumbled on to this site while I was looking for her phone number for my husband who is now having some ankle issues. I noticed the "not so positive" reviews and it prompted me to write about my experience. I had a very positive experience with Dr. Kahan and her staff before, during and after my surgery. Dr. Kahan was very thorough with me prior to my surgery on exactly what to expect and how long the recovery would be. She asked me on several occasions if I was sure that I was up for it and she made sure I understood there were no guarantees on how successful it would be. I knew it would be a long recovery going into it but in the end it was worth it. I was at about 65- 70% use of my ankle before surgery and now I am at about 85-90% and getting better all the time. The follow up was great as well. I realize everyone's situation is different but for me, I am happy I went through it. I h

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

I was not told how serious, painful, and invasive my ankle surgery would be -- I couldn't walk for over 2 months, and remain in pain to this day (2 years later) The doctor was very vague about follow-up care after surgery. Not the best at communicating. I felt like she was quick to jump to "surgery". I am worse now than before surgery, her comment, "Sometimes that happens." I wish I would have gotten a second opion before rushing into surgery!!! I didn't care for her bedside manner. I would never go back to her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Very 'efficient' doctor, make sure to come _prepared_ with your questions. Came in after 2 years of physiotherapy, it was clear that it wasn't helping my busted knee. Sent immediately to get an MRI, which came back kind of vague. No confirmed meniscus tear, but she seems to think something is still going on. When it comes down to is, she is a surgeon and won't make your mind up - which unfortunately is what most patients need!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007

Kind, but with the extensive tests performed, better service should have been rendered. Some problems were overlooked, while unecessary procedures were performed that showed no relief. Staff and physicians should be explicit and forthright with patients in all matters.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Office staff was unhelpful. I was in the office for about an hour and only saw the doctor for 10 minutes. She suspected a torn rotator cuff but wanted me to get an MRI for confirmation. Didn't give me any instructions on what to do in the meantime. My arm has been in pain for almost three weeks now, and the earliest she can see me to review results of my MRI is in a week. I'm changing doctors.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2006

Dr. Julia S. Kahan's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1989)

AARP