Ratings for Dr. Rami M. Shaarawy

This doctor saved my life. Did more for me in one visit than doctors/specialists have done for me in the last 10 years! Grateful.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Rude receptionist! Long wait times ... A horrible experience. Don't have anything to say about he doctor but the staff is inept.

Submitted April 12, 2016

I haven't even been able to see this doctor, talked to the receptionist Melinda to see if me record is in directory since I had an emergency , she gave the most horrible , unprofessional treatment i could imagine. She certainly is the worst , uneducated, inhuman person I have ever faced in my life.

Submitted February 3, 2016

I am new to the area so I searched online for a physician and came across the great reviews for Dr. Shaarawy on yelp, Jen's list and vitals. I made an appointment for the following week; staff worked around my work schedule. Office is cute, waiting room clean. Lady in the front was nice but told me the doctor was busy and I'd be seen as soon as possible. I waited 10 minutes over, typical. Just don't leave me in the room for a half hour. Nope, doctor came right in and was super nice. He is young, smart and sooo down to earth. I felt comfortable right away. He took his time and did not make me feel like I had 2 minutes to tell him all my concerns. The nurse Rebecca is God sent! I have impossible veins and she did some magic and got one right away without me feeling a thing. Dr. Shaarawy called me the next day and went over the results with me. Even though I was initially scared he put my mind at ease, explained things clearly and we worked out a plan and he put me on medication. This was one week ago and I've been feeling better than ever ever since. I should have gotten checked out a lot sooner. Dr. Shaarawy is so easy going and humble and I appreciate how much he cares for his patients. I am so used to doctors who make you feel ignorant and treat you like their time is more valuable than yours. He is such a rarity and I am so thankful I found him! Most people don't take the time to post positives reviews because, well, everything went well and as expected. I only go to see a doctor when I'm feeling miserable. I have never gone back and thanked a doctor for feeling better. I am so impressed with this doctor and his staff that I needed to take the time to write this review. A doctor that went into the helping profession for all the right reasons. So so so happy I found him!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Easy to talk to, knowledgable and understanding. I'm so happy I found this guy!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I don't normally post reviews but this office was bad enough that I felt it important to take the time to do. I went in for an annual physical & lab results came back ABNORMAL. Dr. Sharaawy has a policy not to explain or discuss emailed lab results (normal or abnormal), even if they come back URGENT until you go BACK to his office with an appointment to discuss them!!! I was out of state when the second round of ABNORMAL lab results arrived by email, and I was terrified. I called to explain to Dr. Rami Sharaawy that it would be another week before I could get back and asked if he could explain what condition the results meant. Even while on the phone explaining my situation & concern, he would not budge from his "policy" According to Google when I typed in the elevated results, it indicated I could possibly have a TUMOR, CANCER, OR AN URGENT HEALTH CONDITION REQUIRING MEDICATION. Yet, 5 minutes on the phone begging him, he explains patients could receive NO EXPLANATION OR DISCUSSION until "policy" to explain any lab results dictate you are physically in his office!!! I've never heard of this "policy" with any doctor in my life. YOU RISK DIEING OR A DISEASE SPREADING UNDER THIS IRRESPONSIBLE POLICY! I explained to him that I was out of town and needed peace of mind to understand the results, especially since it was the second round of blood work taken for having had the first results come back for the same abnormality. Dr. Rami Sharaawy wouldn't budge, and his office staff had nerve to advise me to go find a specialist out of town to explain the results. WHAT?!! This is not a doctor's office for anyone who cares about finding a doctor that explains services you have paid him for, or urgent care!! These were the second round of abnormal results and all he had to do was advise me on the possibilities of what we would do next. After Googling that I could have a tumor, cancer, or disease... I was in a panic and called my previous doctor whose office was 45 minutes from home and quite far to drive to. The doctor had me email all the lab results and the same day, explained what Dr. Rami Sharaawy should've been able to do. My previous doctor did all this AND even spoke with me while on vacation in Hawaii!! He was able to explain in a 1 time phone call and began an immediate plan of action for diet changes, along with a date for specific testing. I couldn't have felt more disappointed, and shocked by how rude Dr. Rami Sharaawy and his staff are. He and his staff are UTTERLY INCOMPETENT, LACK FLEXIBILTY, AND MEDICAL EXPERIENCE. I do not recommend going here - should you have anything abnormal, you will be left to Dr. GOOGLE, and will spend money and time finding another doctor to consult and redo lab work. You will NOT receive any meaningful phone conversation for anything! If you travel, work, or have young kids; you will need unlimited time on your hands to run in and out of this clinic on several occasions to speak with the doctor and risk a tumor, or cancer growing until you get back to his office each time. THIS doesn't even include the time you will then need to get to a specialist should you have something wrong. YOUR LIFE CLOCK WILL BE TICKING UNDER THIS GUY!!!

Submitted January 5, 2015

Excellent experience. Great doctor. I refer everyone to dr. S

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Never returns calls. Incompetent staff. Will not answer emergency after hours paging. Wouldn't recommend to an enemy, much less friends & family.

Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Rami M. Shaarawy's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 2005)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Canoga Park, CA