Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Lewis

I went to Dr Lewis about 5 years ago with knee pain. He fixed the torn menisci and sent me to a good rehab place where I fully recovered and was back to playing volleyball and tennis multiple times per week within a few months. Looks like I screwed up my knee again and will probably go to him in a few weeks.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

He continually misdiagnosed me and left me with excruiating pain in my knees.When I begged for help he basically said that I had to just live with the pain. I found a rheumatologist who acurately dxd me and gave me pain relief. Seems he is behind with the current medical practices of this century.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Diagnosed pain in arm as biceps tendenitis and prescribed weeks of rest. First visit to PT, by simple tests ( flex your biceps, does the pain go away when you stop flexing) and where the pain was felt, PT determined it was not biceps tendinitis, instead was pain due to cervical stenosis. In hindsight, Dr. Lewis should have suspected this from history and simple tests would have confirmed. Luckily in spite of his incorrect diagnosis, conservative treatment Rx (PT) led me to a competent professional who was able to 95% relieve the pain in 24 hours.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2006

His office overcharges on the co-pays so you have to file a complaint with the insurance company to have the doctor repay you for the overcharges. The surgery was botched and now I no longer have the use of my domanent hand without a brace. He doesn't care about cost effectiveness of medications (like prescribing generics even after you ask for the generic). But the worst is the hand is 10 times worse off than when I walked into his office prior to the surgery. His referrals for physical therapy etc. are never to a company you can use within your PPO. He continually sends you to places out of the network.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2006

Dr. Edward S. Lewis's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1977)