Ratings for Dr. Barry R. Lee

I am a quadriplegic who needed surgery to remove scar tissue and increase the sizee of the cavity so I could continue catheter use. He was super knowledgeable and I have not had to go back since (2006). He certainly cares and he went over an important option that I have if my urethra becomes to warn out. Nice man.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I had a Penile Implant after a couple of appointments with Dr. Smith.I had not met Dr Lee prior to the actual surgery. The surgery was quick and I did not have an extraordinary pain afterwards. It has been 4 months since my surgery and I still have what I consider as problems with no help from Dr Lee at my last extra appointment to solve these. I stll have some pain in my penus. I have a very large lump at the top base of my penus that he says are tubes. I told him that when it was inflated it was much smaller than it was when I had natural erections. I also told him it hurt to try and inflate it. His solution was to pump it 6 times and then inform me that I had more (with this little thing) than more than 1/2 of the men in the USA. I am going to cancel all future appointments and attempt to find another surgeon with a better helpful attitude. This guy has seen the last of me!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Had trouble with every sugery he performed and had to go back and redo.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Dr. Lee was much more concerned about my "Obama" shirt than my kidney stones. He did not explain what causes the stones or how to avoid them in the future. My consultation was interrupted while he and one of the staff members discussed what room he would be using for a procedure the next day. Not a good experience.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

I had surgery on my bladder in August. I wished that he would have spent more time discussing options. Although the intital concerns have cleared up, he needs to spend more time listening to his patients. I often felt that he was rushing through the appointment. He was knowledgeable, but not very thorough in explaining details of the surgery and possible side-effects.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Dr. Lee is very Knowledgeable. He does however need to listen to his patiens more and spen a little more time explaining things.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2007

Dr. Barry Lee performed a vasectomy on me which I had heard would be a piece of cake. It was the most painful experience of my life. He didn't allow enough time for the local anethesia to kick in.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2006

Dr. Barry R. Lee's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Gastonia, NC