Ratings for Dr. Ira M. Schwartz

Run, he did fix my son's teeth from what it was when we first met him, but he kept his 2 year program fixed for 2 years, after it was up, my son's teeth was a big improvement but it was still shifting but he wanted to treat us like new patients and said" what's fair is fair", after investigating other orthodontist in long island who avg. 7 years programs and more for the same or cheaper cost, he purposely removed the braces to retainers to keep to his project timeline. I am disgusted that especially as an adolescent, their jaw will continue to shift and he will not hear it but treated us like a new patient and wanted to draft up another braces project for another $6k, what a joke, I would never recommend him but rather tell others to seek out orthodontist with longer time frame follow up, can't think of the name, but my brothers' both kids still see their orthodontist for almost 10 years now and their checkup is twice a year, what a great deal. I would discourage anyone from using him!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dentist and secretary, Kimberly are extremely rude and unprofessional. Schwartz scared the living daylights out of my daughter on her visit to plan braces removal. after 2 years and $5000 he decides to treat us like this! I never paid a single bill late; never bounced a check. Only thing I can think of is that we missed the last 2 appts for July and Aug. he gets paid by the month. I was all paid up except the last $600. Now i need to pay a new Orthodontist to remove braces and start the retainer process.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011