Ratings for Dr. Regina O. Hillsman

She a impartial medical examiner in the Bronx NY she is the worst doctor I have ever encounter in my life. She lied about the exam she did. And about the questions she ask me she spend all about 3minutes with me and said I was good to go back to work and when I had 3 orthopedic doctor say that I should have not she is a liar and a desrespectful women

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I was involuntarily assigned to an independent medical examination by Regina Hillsman for insurance purposes. The very fact that an orthopedic surgeon has to earn a living by doing insurance examinations out of state should say something about the demand for her medical and surgical skills. This is one intensely manipulative and nosy girl. She began by informing me that she was asking questions not because she was nosy, but because she needed the information for the examination. She then proceeded to ask me a series of nosy personal questions that had nothing to do with the orthopedic examination, for example whether I was married or single, and how many kids I had. As the saying goes, the lady doth protest too much. Fortunately, despite her initial manipulative disclaimer, I picked up on this pattern after a few questions, and began feeding her disinformation, not only about the nosy inquiries, but about the medical questions as well. Regina also took great pleasure in being able to demand that I remove my shirt for her examination. When I went for the original examination, the orthopedist did not require me to remove my shirt for the examination. This girl is a pervert. I must say that this girl went into medicine not in order to use her abilities to benefit mankind, or even to obtain high income, but rather to have the opportunity to dominate and humiliate other people. If this is how Regina treats her patients when they are conscious, I dread to think about how she treats them under anesthesia. Keep away from this girl at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I have been going to Dr.Hillsman for about 10 years. I will not go to any other doctor. The staff is friendly and polite every time I have an appointment. Dr. Hillman is very knowledgeable and has a true passion for her work and patients. I would recommend Dr.Hillsman to anyone. I work in retail and I have had surgery on both my elbows and both shoulders. I continue to work in retail today with no pain : )

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

My first visit. I was told to arrive at 9:30 for paperwork. The receptionist didn't arrive until 9:45. After 1/2 hour of filling out form after form, which were quite redundant, I was shown into a patient room. Spent 1/2 hour with the nurse, answering questions that were on the forms I'd just filled out. She was hand writing my responses. Left alone for another 1/2 - 3/4 hour, poked my head out to inquire as to when the doctor would be in. Was told I was next. Another 15 minutes goes by. Doctor comes in and starts asking me questions about my eyes, my ears, my thyroid. I reminded her I was there for my knee. "Oh, but it's all related". I told her I didn't have time for "related", as it was now 2 hours since I'd arrived. She said "okay, we'll do your knee now, but we'll just have to come back to all the other stuff." I said no way, she was not helping and I was leaving. So, 2 hours wasted, no xray, no exam, nothing but frustration. Save yourself a trip and go to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Dr. Hillsman is one of the if not thee BEST Orthopedic Surgeons. After being in an auto accident in 2009 and seeing a professor in the field, that in my opinion could not treat a "Common Cold". Who mis-read the MRI and failed to treat my knee injury and also overlooked the back injury. I found Dr. Hillsman and on my first visit after reviewing my medical records found the problems of my injuries, ordered new x-rays and a MRI. Within two weeks she performed corrective surgery on the knee and treated the back injury. Due to the lack of treatment from the prior Dr. I am still under the care of Dr. Hillsman but with a lot less pain and more flexibility. Dr. Hillsman has also treated my 13 year old son and while doing so Dr. Hillsman kept us informed on every procedure. Dr. Hillsman maintains education and training of her field of practice. so she is totally up-to-date on the latest and has been rated "TOP SURGEON", still maintains that rating. Dr. Hillsman is "The Best of Best".

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I have been under Dr Hillsman care for over a year and could not ask for any better care. I could hardly walk and was told by the VA that I needed physical therapy. No tests, no MRI or X-rays. Dr Hillsman reviewed all of m medical problems with proper tests, injections and physical therapy. I now walk without a sign of a limp and am able to continue my service with the Fire Dept. She is a blessing and I will continue to see her for all my ortho problems and recommend her to anybody that could use her truly, caring and professional help.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hillsman since 1996. Due to an injury in Vietnam, I have lost the use of my right foot. I have severe arthritis and have utlized a brace for a number of years. Since my surgery in 1996 and the use of a brace since then, I have been able to maintain the use of my leg and avoided amputation of the lower right leg. I owe this to the knowledge and expertise of Dr. Hillsman. I would recommend her to anyone having orthoptic issues.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

I was engaged to be married in the next six months and in effort to loose weight I seriously injured my right knee. I was unable to walk straight and walked with a serious limp. I went to a nearby doctor who placed me in physical therapy for nearly two months to no avail. Finally,he stated that I would just have to live this way or have major knee surgery that would incapacitate me for 6-9 months. I saw one lady in the waiting room who had this surgery and she had a cast from ankle to upper thigh and was in pain. Luckily a friend referred me to Dr. Hillsman. From the moment I walked in she and her staff were professional and helpful. They did things other doc's office had me doing myself such as obtaining records and setting apptments. Dr. Hillsman told me about advanced technology to help my knee other doc didn't even mention. She performed a 1-day outpatient procedure and needless to say, I was able to walk down the isle beautifully and perfectly. Thank God for Dr. Hillsman!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I have been a patient since 1993 for lower back problems. From day one Dr. Hillsman has been a great help with her treatment program to make my pain bearable. She has several times referred me to neurosurgeons to confirm her diagnosis and proper treatment and therapy options. She always explains my condition and its progression. Since I moved several years ago I still remain a patient of Dr. Hillsman. I travel about 35 minutes and would not think of changing to a doctor in town. Her many awards displayed in her office is a testament to the quality of this outstanding doctor. Her "bedside manner" and her sincerity is second to none.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Professional, knowledgeable, and in my experiences in life she is the best Doctor-Surgeon that has treated me.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr. Regina O. Hillsman's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Naugatuck, CT