Ratings for Dr. Charles Odowd

Dr. Odowd is a great doctor in a county where medical competence is lacking. He has gone out of his way to be thorough with me when he could have waited to send me to a specialist for a problem he found in my bloodwork. He just might have saved my life. The staff is curt, just like the staff in any doctor's office or any hospital I've ever been in. A small price to pay for a good doctor....Do you want warm and fuzzy or good care?

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

in the past i would recommend this facility but my last visit was a horror. in this economy, i took a half day from work for a physical, i sent my insurance info to the office months before my visit and when i came in, i was told to sign a form that if my insurance didn't cover a procedure that is part of a physical, i would be responsible for the bill. i asked the office staff to find out if my insurance, that they had for months now, covered whatever doctor o'dowd wanted to do. the staff told me i had to do that before my visit. they berated me and insisted i sign the forms or reschedule my appointment. every doctor that i've ever been to, has office staff that call the insurance comp. on the patients behalf to make sure that procedures are covered. the staff and office manager were rude, callous, heartless, and clearly incompetent. to add insult t o injury, instead of apologizing for the staff behavior, o'dowd didn't come to my aid. odowd and his staff DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr. Charles Odowd's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal