Ratings for Dr. Thomas V. Tran

This was the WORST eye exam experience that I have ever had! (I've been wearing contacts for 21 years!) I was desperate for contacts and they were the first to fit me within the week. I had been there the year before and the experience was "okay"(saw the female Dr. Tran). When I got there, taking time off work, the doctor himself (male Dr. Tran) came out to the waiting room to let me know that he no longer accepted my insurance and that I would have to pay out of pocket for the exam. But the good news was that the vision center next door still took it and I would have more benefits toward glasses or contacts. (He scammed me, that’s not how my insurance works at all!) So, I paid the $90.00 for the exam and contact fitting. He tried to sell me bifocals. I'm 37. He said he saw a cataract and the pressure in my eyes were too high and I may develop glaucoma soon. I was shocked! He fitted me for the contacts and said "well, that's the best I can get you seeing". As if I were almost blind! I can "feel" the contacts, very uncomfortable, he said I'd get used to them. I go home, I hate the contacts but I hate this doctor more. I had such a bad feeling about him! Over the next several weeks I had terrible headaches and daily eye twitching. There was no way I was going back to him! I scheduled my appt. with Palmetto Eye Specialists who were booked out about 8 weeks but were so worth it in the end! I see Dr. Carter a few months later and ...no bifocals needed, no cataract, healthy eyes! Got new contacts, headaches gone, twitching gone! Insurance accepted! :) Then I get a call from this jerk's office (Dr Tran's) that my insurance claim was rejected, I needed to give them a call to clear it up?! I paid for my appt.! $90.00! He waited about 4 months to fraudulently file my insurance that he supposedly no longer took! I couldn't believe it! Nope, actually, I can. He is a total crook and a lousy eye doctor. I hope he gets busted for INSURANCE FRAUD!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Thomas V. Tran's Credentials

• University Of Missouri St Louis - School Of Optometry (Grad. 2002)