Ratings for Dr. Mark Sorensen

My partner and I started seeing Mark when we decided to separate after 10 years together. The metaphor I use to describe where we were at that time is a ball of tangled necklaces. Everything seemed tense and strained, and anything we did - including seeing another counselor - seemed to make it worse. Mark helped us identify the threads that weren't working and begin to untangle the mess. Months later, we've decided to end the relationship, but from a much better place and with a better understanding of ourselves as a couple and as individuals. Mark was insightful, empathetic, and kind, and has helped us through what is probably the most difficult transition we’ve faced - I couldn't recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Dr. Mark Sorensen's response
I appreciate the acknowledgement of the hard work we did together. Thank you.

Submitted March 15, 2018

Helped us a lot. We needed some good strategies for better communication and we got those.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. Mark Sorensen's response
I am glad you felt helped. As you know, I can give some guidance but you did the hard work!

Submitted January 22, 2018

My husband and I were worried about the therapist taking sides, which we have experienced before, but that didn't happen. Therapy helped us to understand each other so much better. Mark really helped us get to a better place in our marriage.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Mark Sorensen's response
Thank you for your kind words. I am very glad that we were able to collaborate successfully and help the the two of you feel closer in the marriage.

Submitted December 2, 2017

We went to Mark for marriage therapy. He was great. We were really stuck and can't believe how good things are now.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr Sorensen is extremely empathic, knowledge. He was very skilled and helped me through a difficult period.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I've been to a few therapists and I thought he was the best. He seemed to know a lot about how to deal with anxiety, which was the problem I had. Really glad I found him.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Very professional, insightful and caring. Helped me look at things from a new perspective.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

I have worked with Dr. Sorensen for two years and with his help, I learned about how to be more open, honest and accepting of myself, my friends and my partner. I think he is a wonderful therapist and I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him. Dr, Sorensen is very smart, insightful, compassionate and easy to talk to about hard things. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I found Dr. Sorensen to be thoughtful, caring and respectful. He had some useful ideas about why my life had gotten so stuck and together we helped to change things. Thought he was great.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Mark Sorensen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have been practicing for over 35 years and have specialized in working with anxiety, depression and relationship difficulties. I have integrated a number of different approaches over that period of time and I try to be flexible in how I work. For more information about how I think and work, check out my website at www.sorensentherapy.com.

• English

• Temple University (Grad. 1984)

Request an Appointment