Ratings for Dr. Ryan S. Williams

I have had problems with chronic fissures for about 15 years, and have tried everything OTC to cure the problem. I have gone to at least two doctors - one being a well-known Colorectal doctor in NYC. I was told by any doctor I've seen that I did indeed have fissures, and because of the length of time I have them also told that surgery may be in my future to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, because I have been moving to different states over the last several years, I could no longer see the NYC doctor. Finally, I went to see Dr. Williams at the suggestion of my family doctor. I strongly suggest that everyone absolutely avoid Dr. Williams at all costs when seeking treatment in his field of study!! I left the appointment with absolute zero trust in Dr. Williams' diagnosis - was told I had no fissures - only "scratches"?? I have looked high and low on the web and cannot find one instance where anyone was ever treated for "scratches" in their anus!! He even examined me and touched the affected areas - exactly where they have always been, but "scratches" were the only problems he found. He suggest that I use to soaps to clean the area (which I actually can understand why) but then proceeded to tell me that moist towelettes should be avoided, when i read everywhere that they are recommended. He contradicted either himself or everything I ever understood about fissures - too many showers are not good because it keeps the area too moist, but not showering is also not good because it keeps the area moist. This when i was told at the beginning of the appointment that these "scratches" were likely caused by dry skin. the drug diltiazem (blood pressure drug) is known to have a healing affect on the problem - never heard of it. I said I have a bit of discharge on and off from the problem - he said fissures wouldn't cause discharge - the internet say differently. i said I wanted to try nitro cream since that is supposedly recommended for chronic fissures - he said it only helps fissures 6 weeks or less old. I asked him what does he recommend to keep the area dry, the best he can do was talcum powder, which I use already. There was not surgery to cure these "scratches", and that was that - I would be forced to suffer the remainder of my life I suppose. I informed him that i had no faith in his diagnosis or suggestions, and that i was going to get a second opinion, and I have already contact the Ombudsman at Cleveland Clinic to report the doctor and have them set up an appointment with the best colorectal doctor they have. I would never have thought that something like this would happen at Cleveland clinic of all places, but I know now that top hospitals sometimes may hire quack doctors. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

About five years ago, I went to Dr. Williams for surgery to remove a small external hemorrhoid, which was supposed to be done under general anesthetic. He gave me something that caused me to lose consciousness while on the table and when I came to, he was sodomizing me. He claimed that it was just his finger, that he was doing an exam, but looking back on the incident after the drugs wore off, I am certain that it was not the case. WOMEN (and everyone else too) should AVOID THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I had a colonoscopy about a month ago (I have a family history for colon cancer) and I still not received a call from the doctor about the lab results of the removed polyps. After six phone calls and a request to release the lab results to me for review with another doctor I got a phone call from his nurse telling me that the results are negative but the doctor needs to call me with more details and recommendations. No phone call as of today. I will not recommend this doctor to anybody.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

I was not told or informed that ileostomy reversal would be totally different from what the rest of the world does. Dr. Williams uses one suture in a circular pattern (purse stitch), then pulls it tight forming what looked to me like an ANUS right next to my belly button. When I originally asked him what the puckers were I was just told to not touch it, and no explanations were ever given to me! There were MANY problems with all of my surgeries with Dr. Williams. When he went on vacation his co-worker surgeon told me that he would have done things differently. Due to the many problems, placing my ileostomy in the worst possible place, infection requiring removal of 125ml's of pus, and lack of communication I would not recommend this surgeon to anybody. Surprisingly, with all of the many surgeries that I have had in my lifetime, I have never needed hernia surgery until I met Dr. Williams. I suppose his suturing leaves little to be desired too!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Ryan Williams is an excellent doctor. I had been sick with diverticulitis for a long time, and had to have emergency surgery. I had colon resection, and didn't have to have a colostomy bag due to his expertise in colon surgery. I am forever grateful to him and highly recommend him. I was so frightened going into surgery and it was the orderly wheeling me down to surgery who assured me that Dr. Ryan Williams was one of the few surgeons he knew at Fairview who didn't watch the clock and took his time to do the surgery. He told me I was in good hands and I was.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

This doctor is did a poor job on my mother's surgery. He went on vacation the day after the procedure and the doctor covering him discharged her without seeing her. She was back in the hospital within a few days because the surgery was done incorrectly. Maybe he had his mind on his vacation and not on his job. Doctor tried to get my mom to sign off on the care she received while she was on pain medication. There is no excuse for the level of incompetence and cowardice this physician displayed. I hope that this may help steer others away and prevent them from having the inexcusable experience my family had. Dr. Williams "practices" at Fairview Hospital in Cleveland, OH.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Ryan S. Williams's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 2000)