Ratings for Dr. Ryan S. Williams

Beware of this guy. He will give you knockout pills and cornhole you in the examination room. Dr. Williams is in the bluntest terms...a pain in the butt!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

2016-A lady in the exam room to monitor his behavior, and Williams still verbally and physically humiliated me at my first appt (post-PET, stage 3 cancer, searching for origin site). Suspicious practices and error during colonoscopy. He can also be charming and seem caring. I would not recommend this doctor, especially for women.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Thank you, "Rate MDs," for not editing or removing the negative comments regarding "Dr." Ryan Williams.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Amazing smart kind physician. Super dedicated to his patients. I read the details of the allegations and the news articles and the articles are filled with lies. He has been falsely accused. Hoping the truth comes out and he gets back to practice soon!

Submitted January 22, 2018

Ryan Williams MR is under investigation for sexually assaulting 2 patients

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Well mannered, likeable professional attitude over the course of 5 years, always accompanied by staff. One of the few doctors who focused on my needs (60 year old with hemorrhoids). Very knowledgeable in his field.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

I had C.Diff and had formed an abscess and fistula. He did rectal surgery on me. I had to go to his office later on, to have the packing removed & an exam by him. As soon as I went in, I was already in SEVERE pain and asked him to give me local anesthesia prior to doing anything at the incisional site. He refused. I pleaded. He refused and proceeded to grab the packing (roughly), yank it out, then, with no K.Y. Jelly on his glove, shoved 2 fingers up into me to do a "digital exam", I literally almost flew off the table and screamed in pain. He was nonchalant and he told me, not to worry, it would soon be over. I was just a few days post-op. He was cruel and he KNEW he was hurting me. Didn't matter. I did not like him and still don't. He had the power. I didn't and it ticks me off even today.......... NO I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Patient Beware! This Dr. Is under investigation for assaulting 2 patients.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

I have had problems with chronic fissures for about 15 years, and have tried everything OTC to cure the problem. I have gone to at least two doctors - one being a well-known Colorectal doctor in NYC. I was told by any doctor I've seen that I did indeed have fissures, and because of the length of time I have them also told that surgery may be in my future to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, because I have been moving to different states over the last several years, I could no longer see the NYC doctor. Finally, I went to see Dr. Williams at the suggestion of my family doctor. I strongly suggest that everyone absolutely avoid Dr. Williams at all costs when seeking treatment in his field of study!! I left the appointment with absolute zero trust in Dr. Williams' diagnosis - was told I had no fissures - only "scratches"?? I have looked high and low on the web and cannot find one instance where anyone was ever treated for "scratches" in their anus!! He even examined me and touched the affected areas - exactly where they have always been, but "scratches" were the only problems he found. He suggest that I use to soaps to clean the area (which I actually can understand why) but then proceeded to tell me that moist towelettes should be avoided, when i read everywhere that they are recommended. He contradicted either himself or everything I ever understood about fissures - too many showers are not good because it keeps the area too moist, but not showering is also not good because it keeps the area moist. This when i was told at the beginning of the appointment that these "scratches" were likely caused by dry skin. the drug diltiazem (blood pressure drug) is known to have a healing affect on the problem - never heard of it. I said I have a bit of discharge on and off from the problem - he said fissures wouldn't cause discharge - the internet say differently. i said I wanted to try nitro cream since that is supposedly recommended for chronic fissures - he said it only helps fissures 6 weeks or less old. I asked him what does he recommend to keep the area dry, the best he can do was talcum powder, which I use already. There was not surgery to cure these "scratches", and that was that - I would be forced to suffer the remainder of my life I suppose. I informed him that i had no faith in his diagnosis or suggestions, and that i was going to get a second opinion, and I have already contact the Ombudsman at Cleveland Clinic to report the doctor and have them set up an appointment with the best colorectal doctor they have. I would never have thought that something like this would happen at Cleveland clinic of all places, but I know now that top hospitals sometimes may hire quack doctors. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

About five years ago, I went to Dr. Williams for surgery to remove a small external hemorrhoid, which was supposed to be done under general anesthetic. He gave me something that caused me to lose consciousness while on the table and when I came to, he was sodomizing me. He claimed that it was just his finger, that he was doing an exam, but looking back on the incident after the drugs wore off, I am certain that it was not the case. WOMEN (and everyone else too) should AVOID THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Ryan S. Williams's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Workers Comp