Ratings for Dr. Daniel E. Morganstern

I hope Dr. Morganstern has learned from my experience,because it was just awful. He was treating me for breast cancer,and I started taking tamoxifen. After about a month of , I was experiencing profound depression and suicidal ideations. When you are uthat sick, it is hard to advocate for yourself. I had tried to reach him via phone, only to have secretary X be on vacation. By luck, I was seeing a hematologist in his practice, and I finally reach Dr. M's NP. I told him that I was not tolerating the tamoxifen and told him of my symptoms. Dr. Morganstern came and spoke to me, and screamed, 'if you don't take the tamoxifen, you will get cancer again!'. I said, 'well if I DO take the tamoxifen, I will commit suicide'. He wound up having me committed to the psychiatric hospital, which was probably the right thing, but things should never have gotten that far. This is a very powerful medication, and women should be closely regulated for it. Shame on you, Dr. Morganstern!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Daniel E. Morganstern's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1991)