Ratings for Dr. David B. Coutin

I found our experience with the new physician to be very uncomfortable and confrontational. He had a very bad attitude from the start of the appointment and throughout our communication. As a result, I lost confidence in his ability to help my daughter. He definitely needs serious improvement. I don't think we will continue with this practice as a result.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

I'm a immunotherapy patient at allergy & asthma consul. for 5 years. This guy is new to their practice, i was there for a yearly followup. What a complete waste of my money and time, he never really let me talk, he only read off my limited information questionnaire, and made odd assumptions and told me what i already know. He was more interested in teaching the nurses how he wanted paperwork done and getting me out quickly, he was arrogant and rude. He wasn"t making any medical observations whatsoever, he did not allow me to ask any questions, condescending because i didn't know the mg of sudafed i was taking(only comes in 30mg) I was extremely pissed off and frustrated when i left. He also said he wanted to see me in 9 months, why? So he can make more money off me. This practice sees you once a year to follow up with a doctor, and nothing has changed that he would need to see me earlier. He was also complaining about money and patient charges in the hallway. I will not see him again!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

The whole time I was there Dr Coutin walked through the halls yelling at the receptionist to fix the scheudle. Where is the money from these accounts. When I went into the room. He spent 15 minutes. He charged &229 and he said that he was going to give me a discount. But it worked out that he didn't give me a discount. I wont go back. He over charged me and all I got was a prescription for some meds. Big deal.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

My first visit to Dr. Coutin was a terrible and upsetting experience. He spent most of the visit berating me for not having an absolutely complete medical history. He made a hasty diagnosis of an extremely rare and life limiting disease without complete testing to verify it. Through our own research we discovered the definitive test for this condition which we have pursued. While awaiting test results, Dr. Coutin wrote us demanding we return to his office in 10 days or he would file a complaint with Child Protective Services. We had our primary physician contact him to explain our stance within the 10 days, however, he filed the complaint anyway. Since then, we have had to endure an investigation of child abuse from this agency as well as inquiries from the sheriff. Dr. Coutin alleges our son is in a life threatening state, even though our primary doctor disagrees. This has been upsetting and humiliating to the family. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PERSON!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

I have never broke down crying in a doctors appointment because of the way in which I was talked to/treated. The doctor never asked me personally any questions. He simply looked at the questionnaire I had filled out and proceeded to lecture me about the fact that I was self referred (even though I disclosed that when I made the appointment and was assured it was not a problem). The testing was not right for my symptoms but was done anyway. In the end he basically said that my symptoms were possibly in my head and then once I proved that they could not be he said that I might benefit from an anti-depressant that he could not prescribe because that isn't what he does. He was demeaning to his staff. He interrupted me nearly every time I would ask a question. I cried the entire appointment due to my frustration and his insulting manner. At one point he rattled off his credentials because he didn't think I was listening to his "recommendations." I will never go again, nor recommend

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Finally left Coutin after 2 years of treatment. Coutin was all about the money and kept telling me it was going to take time. I truly felt he was more interested in my money than really helping me with my allergies. I am a senior citizen, and have dealt with MANY doctors over many years. I have never met a man with such an abusive, arrogant, dictatorial and just plain nasty personality and demeanor as Doctor Coutin. How he manages to keep any patient is beyond me. I have found another allergist who is much more caring, a great listener and willing to admit I may be one of the few who might not benefit from immunotherapy. He is going to try any method possible to treat my allergies, and not just stick me on twice weekly shots for the rest of my life. On my first visit with my new Doctor, I mentioned Coutin's name. And, he indicated he has literally hundreds and hundreds of patients who left Coutin because they couldn't stand him and hadn't been helped.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

He has given me the best medication for my asthma that no other doctor could match. His bedside manner is slightly worse than "Dr. House", but if you can put up with his arrogant abruptness (having a parent from NYC had prepared me for this in advance), then he's great. He does need to get used to living out West with our slower pace. I have met him outside of the office, and he was very pleasant, so maybe it's job stress. His staff are friendly, and they've always accommodated my crazy work schedule.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr Coutin is a very thoughtful and comprehensive physician. He leaves not stone unturned and does an excellent job of explaining why I should follow a treatment plan. If I get sick, it is usually because I have not followed his instructions. I have learned to be more responsible.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

Have been going to Dr. Coutin for allergy shots for a little over a year. Have yet to notice little or any improvement. I suppose he is knowledgeable enough in his field; but his bedside manner leaves a great deal to be desired. I do not appreciate being belittled and scolded during my follow-up visits with him. And, I also feel as if he isn't really listening to what I'm saying. I agree with others in that he is one of the most rude, arrogant and self-absorbed doctors I have ever met. He treats his staff and "subordinates" like servants and with little regard for their feelings. He has gone through 4 or 5 receptionists in the year I have been seeing him. I do really like his staff, and his wife is one of the nicest of them all - do not know how she puts up with his egomaniacal personality. Still undecided if I will continue with Dr. Coutin for awhile longer or seek 2nd opinion with another allergy specialist.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. David B. Coutin's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal