Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Baratz

Excellent Doctor, very knowledgeable and friendly.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

In the last 10 years when ever I needed an Orthopedic surgeon I've seen Dr. Baratz.8 years ago he scoped my left shoulder for an impingement problem and it's been fine ever since. Just this May 2011 he operated on a knuckle on my right hand for artheritis and it helped greatly. This year he was named as one of the top 200 surgeons in Pittsburgh, Pa. I have complete faith and confidence in him . Frank D.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

I was there to consider surgery for carpal tunnel. He took time to explain the degree to which his surgical procedure may help. He explained all the downsides to having surgery and did not pressure me. I went there with an EMG result in hand.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I complained to him that I had pain in my shoulder blade, below my collarbone (but above my breast), my wrist and tingling in my fingers and a weak grip. He repeated insistently, "WHAT HURTS WORSE?" until I felt like I had to point at one location. He gave me a lidocaine/ketone shot. That night, my skin bubbled and itched. His nurse said I had a rare allergic reaction. It left me with a scar and an indentation in the area of the shot. A year later, his colleague called a medical student into the room to show him "This is what happens when you don't put a shot in deep enough. It ate the fat away from under her skin." I am just now seeking treatment for the problem, which was not resolved, because I was afraid of being treated so callously and lied to again!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Mark E. Baratz's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)