Ratings for Dr. Dulce S. Samonte

Nice doctor but the wait is always very long, every time. **Updating my review after a few more visits**.. We gave this more than a couple chances but the pattern is always the same, the wait time is incredibly long. It’s always a half to a full hour past our appt time before we’re even called into the office, then we wait an additional half to full hour. Our last appt was Tuesday, March 13 for 11:30am and this was our last nerve. We arrive a half hour early, not a single other patient in the building the entire time. We finally get called in, waited a really long time until we decided to just leave. My husband confronted the receptionist (dark hair with glasses) and was told the doctor just now walked in..... what? So unprofessional and rude. By the way we were rescheduled BY THEM and they Still couldn’t get our appt right. So I decided not to ask for recommendations for a pediatrician this time and went on my Own hunt, for a GOOD one. After finding one I immediately wanted to schedule an appt for my 6 month old. I had to run over to Samonte’s office to sign a release for my kid’s vaccination records to be faxed to the new doctor and was told they’d be faxed over. I waited about 4 hours, called the new doc office.... they weren’t faxed. Called Samonte’s office, with a nonchalant and dismissive attitude I was told an office manager had to fax it (I was shocked to hear they even “Have” an “office manager”). I said to her I know you’re closed Thursdays and mentioned I needed this faxed so I can make an appt for my kids TODAY..... needless to say they Still weren’t faxed. Still. So here it is, Thursday, had to leave a message with their answering service. It takes a MINUTE to fax something. Dr Samonte’s office in Clark is unprofessional. Take my word. I’m not just some stressed out mom looking to hurt someone’s reputation. I’m not sure how this office has more than 2 stars. We’ve never given them a reason to treat us horribly so I’m pretty sure we can’t be the only ones. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and please consider finding yourself a doctor With Staff who Actually care for their patients, and the parents.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Although Dr. Samonte is very nice, it does not make up for her incompetent, rude and belligerent staff. They are the most uneducated and unhelpful people it has ever been my displeasure of dealing with. Each time I call with a question about my son's care, I get three different people telling me three different things. This isn't dinner reservations, this is a child's health. And forget billing! If your insurance pays for everything, get ready to receive a bill in the mail that you will spend months disputing and when they are proven to be at fault, expect NO apology. The quality of service was enough for me to leave her practice and never look back. Many people say that Dr. Samonte is a good Doctor, and maybe 10, 15 years ago she was, but it seems like now she always has one foot out the door and her bedside manner has fallen by the wayside. I waited 2 months for an appointment to get called a few days before telling me she had to cancel. Terribly unprofessional. With so many skilled, highly recommended and well rated doctors, do not waste your time with this practice. You will be disappointed and frustrated and treated like garbage and you and your child deserve better than that!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Samonte was referred to me in 1995 by my OB-GYN. Dr. Samonte was dedicated, knowledgeable and caring. She (and office staff) always returned my calls during off hours and emergent situations. Dr. Samonte has diagnosed and treated conditions my daughters experienced accurately. My daugther is 18 yrs old and while we no longer reside in NJ, when visiting, we have gone to Dr. Samonte when needed. She has always given us an appointment even on short notice. Her office staff has returned medical/sports forms to us promptly. While she is a pediatrian, my daugther would go to Dr. Samonte indefinitely. I think Dr. Samonte is an exceptional doctor with a highly professional and caring staff.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Been seeing/consulting with Dr Samonte for years. Very professional and compassionate. I've referred my family and friends to her and I'm sure many of her other patients have done the same :) Keep doing what you're doing Doc!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Wait time is over an hour. Dont ask any questions or she gets annoyed. She only spends about 3 minutes with your child. Tries to charge even when insurance covered 100%. After bring an issue to her attention for over 6 mos. on my last visit w/ Samonte she said it was urgent that I take my son to a specialist. Why it took her 18monts to figure out an issue that he has had since birth is beyond me. I asked how I could go about getting my son's records so that I could go else ware and 2 days later I receive a certified letter in the mail from Samonte saying that she cant provide medical assistance to my son since she cannot meet my "demands/expectations". Did she want to kick us out before I got the chance to switch doctors? OR do my "demands/expectations" of her spending more than 3 minutes with my son and not waiting a year and a half to tell me about an issue he has had since birth not fit her criteria of being a doctor? I highly do NOT recommend this doctor for anything!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Samonte is a very sweet lady with a tender bedside manner who clearly loves children, but she is no longer my child's pediatrician because of her lack of knowledge on certain baby-related subjects. Firstly, she failed to diagnose and treat a breastfeeding issue (she actually told me it was NORMAL to have pain while nursing) and secondly she urged me to give my baby way to much milk for such a young age which would distend the baby's belly. Despite my return visits with concerns about the first issue, she continued to ignore it and diagnose it as something else and again urge more milk. It wasn't until later that a different doctor correctly diagnosed me that I got the treatment I needed. Aside from that, I had to wait HOURS everytime I went- the longest waiting time ever for any doctor- EVERY TIME. Also, she does not call you back after hours, ever. So, I would say again, she's a nice lady, but not a great doctor. If you are breastfeeding don't even waste your time going to her.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

Dr. Samonte has been my daughter's pediatrician since she was born six years ago. She was highly recommended by my ob/gyn whom I truly trust. I couldn't be any happier with the choice I have made. Luckily, my daughter has never had major health issues, but we have any our occasional scares. I'm proud to say my daughter has only been on antibiotics twice in her lifetime. Dr. Samonte is very thorough and make sures medications are dispensed properly, and I really appreciate that. I know some parents who love stuffing their babies with medicine, but I am not that way and Dr. Samonte is definitely not the type of doctor who will easily prescribe a medication without being sure it's needed. After a really high fever episode, Dr. Samonte called my house twice on Thanksgiving to check on my daughter! In her waiting room, I heard a story of how she took in a new patient in the middle of the night and has been this child's doctor ever since. I can't recommend her highly enough!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

My baby was only a few wks old when we came for a well checkup. The Dr said our baby's skin was pale, and that 2 pound weight gain in a 3 week period was unusual. She wanted to check our baby's oxygen level for her skin color and blood for kidney functions. We told her the waiting room was cold and our baby was waiting 45 mins. thus the rather pale skin. She'd had a good # of wet and soiled diapers daily so her kidneys seemed fine. The Dr rushed us to emergency anyway. In brief, we spent 4 hrs in emergency, our baby was held down to get urine sample and 2 long tubes of blood and the results came back normal. The dr claimed 23 years of experience, The way she handled our baby didn't prove that experience, Perhaps she is under referral arrangements with the hospital/emergency room. Whatever it was, it was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND INEXCUSABLE.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010