Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Y. Sylvester

I have been a patient of Dr. Sylvester since December of 2015. I was pregnant with my first child when I began seeing her. I have had great experience all the way until the birth of my son. When my specialist painted a scary picture of what my delivery would look like Dr. Sylvester eased my mind and assured me that her experience with delivering babies from mothers of my condition would not be a problem. I've always felt comfortable with her and would recommend her with 5 stars.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Not a good experience and staff is rude to you for absolutely no reason at all. I have been called for stupid things such as them needing my social security number! How do you not have access to that sensitive information and whY are you calling by phone to get it after its been given to you prior? Its mind blowing. Not to.mention they dont take anything into consideration like when you have to work and don't ask availability. I was called and told when I needed to be somewhere for my shot two days later apparently and at 8:00a.m. when I work full-time. These shots require you to show up get your blood drawn and come back in two hours to get your injection from your blood. So that's like three hours minimum dedicated to it all that would be no issue if I would have been told in advance to allow time to make adjustments to my work schedule. I dont think it's a place that is about much more than money from insurance or your wallet opposed to health and all around well being. New doctor already lined up. Do not recommend them at all. Like at all

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Everyone has great personalities! I have fell in love with the staff! Normally I get my appointments at the earliest time available or right after lunch so I don't run into any waiting snags. Dr. S is nice but she doesn't really take much time in explaining important details. Like if you don't understand what she is talking about the first time, you are completely a lost cause for her to be talking to you. I believe if she would take more time helping patients understand their health and her practices then she would be amazing.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. S for over 10 yrs and yes there have been times when she didn't have good bedside manner, but over the last 2 years she has gotten soooo much better. The wait times are much shorter and her new office staff and medical assistants are fantastic! She took time to answer all of the questions that I had regarding my surgery and also my pregnancy. This is a great place that has changed for the better over the last 2 yrs.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Sylvester for 6 months now and I have to say she is fantastic. There office staff is truly amazing and they make you feel very welcomed and they treat you like you are family. I never leave the office with any unanswered questions about my pregnancy. If you like warm welcoming friendly staff and an amazing, very knowledgable Dr. then this id the place for you.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I'm 11 weeks with my first child. I have seen Dr. Sylvester for over two years and didn't have any problems prior to the pregnancy. However, I have had significant issues since then. I'm not anti medicine, surgery etc. but always felt condemned for wanting a natural childbirth by her. Additionally, her billing staff are disorganized, unprofessional, and I had charges on my account for services I did not receive. When I tried to address this, the billing manager became hostile and canceled my appointment that I had been waiting already an hour for. I think they are a great place if all you want is an annual, but not for delivering children. I just recently transferred to another doctor and will not be returning. Also, they do not know how to work with HRA (health reimbursable accounts) if that is important to you. I don't mean this as a slight, but I think they work with mostly Medicaid customers so I felt they did not understand how to work with my regular work insurance.

Submitted September 9, 2015

I a 19 weeks pregnant and never met my doctor. My first visit my apt. Was running behind by 2 HOURS. lady at the front desk was rude and kept her head down without even acknowledging my exisistance for at LEAST 5 min. And happen the second apt I had also! Then I have school all day on Tuesdays so they couldn't give me any ultrasounds at the office so they sent me to HH medical clinic 3 different tines bc they couldn't do my blood work, ultrasounds, and other test in The office. When I had my ultrasound, we asked about the growth and development and was told only my doctor could read me my results which was 6 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten any news. I had an episode where I blacked out, had headaches and cramping in my right side of face for couple days then my airways began closing, whwn I contacted my dr. Office they didn't have me come in to check on the baby, they DID tell me they scheduled me an apt w a neurologist and would be contacted by them soon, a week later and 19 weeks pregnant with my second baby I still haven't felt it kick so they sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound and stress test we get and wait 6hours for them to fax over the paperwork and the hospital tells me they can't get a hold of my dr or her office for 2HOURS and then end up sending me home! Then inform me I had no documentation of me ever even having my first ultrasound! My child's life will not be in the hands of such irresponsible people! So dissapointed!

Submitted March 16, 2015

Thankful that she was only on-call and sent us home from the hospital. Dr. Marsh is wonderful!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Do not trust her with circumcision. She messed up my sons really bad!!!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

I also had bad experiences with this doctor. She does not spend any time with patient, no manners and no conversations about what is going on with her patients health. They also told me repeatedly that they did not have time to discuss the test results for procedures they sent me to have because they were too busy to deal with me. This lasted daily for a week.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Jacqueline Y. Sylvester's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Madison, AL