Ratings for Dr. Melanie L. Miller

Appreciate the staff and providers helping me to change diet, add supplements and reduce medicines.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2019

I really wanted to make an appointment with Doctor Miller but the front desk is enough to send anyone running in the opposite direction, when you are sick I can’t ima even having to be around people who act so rude. This is terrible I was very shocked , I tried three or four times I thought the first time staff was having a bad day , no this is everyday . Do they have mental help professional s on staff because if they do, the front desk needs an appointment. I will not be subjected to this kind of rudeness no matter how good the doctor is.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

I had high hopes. I should have read the online reviews before I made the appointment.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

So,so Sad!I was excited to see an integrative MD,but after the reviews, Forget it! I'll continue to use the doc in the box,who knows me by name,&who spends time with me,&Who's Office staff is polite,&Not Coarse. Oh,yeah,I'll continue to order my supplements from Dr. Sinatra,who is also affiliated with Dr. Weil,with whom she studied. When I see less negative reviews,I'll be excited,again.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

It has taken 10 years to find someone to help me with chronic problems! Dr Miller has probably honestly saved my life!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I have been a patient for 10 years and love Dr Miller and her staff. They really listen to your concerns and try to take care of them, whether it be with supplements (that you can get there to make life easy!) medications or diet. I highly recommend Birmingham Integrative Health and Dr. Miller!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Rude Doctor; tired of practicing medicine Bad attitude Definitely avoid

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I went to her and each time I went she kept adding more and more pills and supplements to what I already had but that was not the factor for me to stop going to her . folks you need to read this and beware of scamming , yes I said scamming , now you wouldn't think that a DR. that has been to college and has taken a oath that this would happen ., well it did , on my 1st visit so much was going on that I did not pay as close of attention to what was being done to me , you see I had a friend that went with me , by the way I went there strictly for weight lose . Any way I had the Dr asking me questions and there was a nurse in there as well both of them talking to me at one time , the nurse says to me that there was a product that I needed and it would come to me in the mail and said I could not pay for it in check form ! it had to be a credit card so I complied and I ask my friend if she would look in my purse and take my card out and giver her the info she needed . I left that day and a few days later a package arrived in the mail with products in it and instructions . I started on it right away and to my wonderful amazement it worked . I went back 2 weeks later and they added another product that cost around $50.00 did not complain because this product was working , I was happy . 2 weeks went by and I get the same product in the mail for the 2nd time . Still did think any thing about it , until I got my c.c. statement I was charged almost $200.00 this time , I was going to confront the Dr on my next visit but before that happened I got an e-mail saying congrats an being a platinum member and that I needed to come to a meeting and they would teach me how to market this product . I was so mad I called the company ....had a long conversation with this man that was just as confused as I was , after weeding through all the mumbo jumbo , this what happened . Dr Miller nurse was allowed to SIGN UP people as my self just so SHE would get a big fat commission check , this was a pyramid !!!! scheme. I was so livid that is an understatement .!!!!!She needs to be reported to the board !! A few days went by and the same man I spoke with earlier told me that I was not the only one she had done that to . My friend that went with me said she did not believe that Dr Miller knew of this !!! Hey , come on now If I had a practice , a business of any kind I , me , myself would KNOW what was taking place in my own business . BEWARE OF THIS DR AND HER CHEATING PRACTCE

Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr Miller acts if she is too busy to talk with you. I was told that first visit would take an hour. Visit lasted maybe 5 minutes and Dr. Miller didn't even look me in the eye. She rolled her eyes at everything I said. She then walked out and left me wondering where she went and expecting her to come back. Finally someone from the lab came to get me so they could draw loads of labs that Dr Miller ordered To make matters worse, the rude office staff told me that I would have to make another appointment to get the results. I never saw Dr Miller again. I had to see her nurse practitioner to get results. Mind you, this is another office visit and copay. The nurse practitioner is not very knowledgeable and I cannot believe that she is even a nurse. She could not answer any of my questions concerning the test. Also, they did a DNA test that the practitioner could not read. I had been so excited to see Dr. Miller but was really disappointed when I realized that she wants to run every lab possible and does not ask you about your health. She does not want your records from any other tests and does not want to hear about them. I had the feeling that she knows that everyone would love to see a good functional or integrative physician so once you're in her office she squeezes your insurance for every penny she can get. She then continues to refuse to give you any lab results unless you make an appointment with her nurse. It's a great money making tool. Also, I do not know where she found her office staff. They remind of small town girls that feel they have made it to the big time. They are very course, loud, and obnoxious. I cannot understand Dr. Miller hiring people such as these to work in her office. Most of us get our first impression from the office staff and I can only say that I was shocked that anybody would hire the crew that she has. They argued with me soon as I got there by telling me that my appointment had actually been the day before but that had to be an error on their part. There was nobody in the waiting room except me and yet they continued to tell me that my appointment was for the day before. When I said I would just leave, Tracy, said that it was OK this time and they would see me anyway. She could have said it once but she continued to make little remarks. I don't know where the mess up was because I had called them the day before since nobody called to confirm my appointment. Anyway, I stopped going once the nurse went over my labs and never mentioned that my iron levels were very low. I kept asking her why it was so low and she told me to start eating better! I have had transfusions due to my anemia and it was not discussed. Save the time and energy and go see Dr. McMinn in Homewood if you want to see a thorough physician. I feel that Dr. Miller realizes that there are a lot of people frustrated by their physician and she can come off as caring by ordering everyone DNA and food allergy testing for everyone. Also, I never saw her smile or acknowledge that I was person with concerns. My appointment was finished soon as her lab was finished. I never got to address my concerns with her and feel that the visit was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Miller is wonderful. Unfortunately, her front office staff is not. They are rude, and short. Nurses take 4-5 days to return a call. hard to get refills. I was able to meet with Dr. Miller 2 times, now im scheduled with a nurse and a nurse practioner. I was very excited to have met Dr. miller, but now I am saddened that I have to find anotner Physician. If it were not for the patients, the staff would not have jobs. I called last week about a refill, 5 days later still no call, and no meds. Feeling sick again.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Melanie L. Miller's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 2003)

MSP/BC Med