Ratings for Dr. Charles M. Ruland

We were 15 minutes late and we were still seen very fast. We never have to wait. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

The surgery was a complete success. Range of motion in the operative shoulder and arm is better than my "good arm". My physical therapist remarked my shoulder repair was one of the best she had ever seen. I would highly recommend Dr Ruland to any of my family or friends.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr Chuck is a god among surgeons and the staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Still in pain after 4 months of surgery. I had to see another doctor for my follow up. I have to get surgery again from another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I would not recommend him. No bedside manner. Does not return calls. Little did I know for 6 weeks that he wasn't going to do a 3rd surgery because he didn't want to accept the set fee for the surgery that he got for previous he wanted more money on the Workmans Comp case. These fees are set by the State Board. He left me in pain and I had to get another surgeon after 2 failed surgeries. First failed one due to an accident at work that caused need for second surgery. When I called about pain my msg specifically asked if there were shots of cortisone that would give temporary relief not drugs but no reply.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Don't go to Dr. Ruland. I went to him for almost a year when I had frozen shoulder, first in right shoulder and then immediately after in my left. I was in excruciating pain and repeatedly asked him to give me a non narcotic, prescription anti inflammatory. But he gave me darvocet, which is a highly addictive narcotic. After being on it for months and habituating to it, he took me off it and had the nerve to tell me that his other frozen shoulder patients got by without such strong meds. But still wouldn't prescribe anything stronger than Advil at that point. No bedside manner or ounce of compassion. I finally found a doc who helped me manage the pain without narcotics (he prescribed diclofenac...it saved me) and actually cared about me. As a side note, darvocet was pulled from the market because it was such a dangerous drug. I can't believe he prescribed it when there are so many other options out there for pain management.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

GOOD DOCTOR AND HIS NURSE REALLY KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING YOU CAN TELL SHE MAKES HIS CLINIC FLOW SMOOTHLY.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Dr. Ruland is a pro - his knowledge and training are evident. I had a good experience

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Not impressed at all. There are a lot of orthopedic surgeons to go to and I'm not picking this one.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr Ruland does not care how you feel in your recouperation. Pain is of no interest to him. He just wants to take the exrays and be done with you. He releases patients to go back to work too soon and then they have more problems. Healing takes time and he does not consider this. Does not take time with patients to hear how they are feeling and talk about it or explain why you are experiencing the pain. Only looks at exrays and hands you your papers.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Dr. Charles M. Ruland's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD