Ratings for Dr. Lucy Stone

I highly suggest you never visit this office. Dr. Stone and her entire staff are unprofessional and rude and incompetent. I have three major complaints to share with you: 1. I went to see Dr. Stone for a "free yearly physical" that my insurance company provides. They billed me $400 for the visit. The doctor asked ME about things from my past visits and therefore charged me for discussing those items. I DIDN"T BRING the subject up because it no longer is an issue, but because SHE brought it up they "coded" it in a way that they justified charging $400. When I got the bill I called CSM and they told me "don't worry you don't have to pay that." I didn't pay it and they sent me to collections. One year later they won't budge. I've filed complaints to the government because they are unwilling to help. 2. The staff in her office are unprofessional and vulgar. While waiting for my free physical in the exam room, with the door closed, I clearly heard some inappropriate conversations which included the use of motherfu%&er and "I don't give a f**k!" Obviously completely inappropriate behavior. 3. When you call with billing questions or for help, the woman who answers the call is condescending and rude. She was upset with me when I called and said "you know now I have to go back and do more work because of this." Wow! I thought answering customer calls was her job. I complained to the supervisor and he called back and was nice. However, the next time I called 6 months later she was still there and still a terrible human being on the phone. 4. During my "Free physical" I told Dr. Stone I needed to get my "Free prostate cancer screening" that my insurance allows. She referred me to a specialist for this, which caused the specialist to bill me as a new patient and THEY charged me $400 as well. Again, I got no where and once again CSM sent me to collections and when I spoke with their office they pointed the finger at Dr. Stone and her incompetence. So I have two collections on my record all because of Dr. Stone. You have many many many choices for your healthcare issues. If you don't care about being overcharged or improperly charged, go ahead and see her. She is nice. However, she is unable to properly code your visit and her staff is the worst. Also please make the time I spent typing all of this out worthwhile by not visiting her.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Very cursory exam though she billed for a thorough Medicare physical. I know more about her politics than her opinions about my health. Was 45 minutes late. She said she ordered blood tests, but there was no order when I went to the lab the following morning so I had to wait a half hour until the lab people could reach her my phone. Unfortunately, I am stuck with her for a year as my insurance will not allow me to change primary care providers more than once a year.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Does not take the time to care about her patients. Does not offer suggestions for pervenative procedures. Exam is basic.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I feel that Dr. Stone frequently over-prescribes medications. She doesn't offer to test or refer you to a specialist for testing and instead prescribes short & long-term medications even if you don't want them. She's usually very late for appointments. Her nurse/MA is frequently very unpleasant to deal with. She had her nurse/MA call me to deliver unpleasant news related to my diagnosis. Dr. Stone referred me to a surgeon that seemed suspect so I didn't use him and later found Dr. Stone's bedside manner was unpleasant for the pre-surgery physical due to getting a second opinion from another surgeon. I don't feel that my best interest is at heart and thus I am finally done with her.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

She is mean. Gave me a pap and when I said it hurt she told me it didn't and to stop complaining. I never went back.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Dr. Lucy Stone's Credentials

• Taipei Med Coll, Taipei, Taiwan (385-04 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal