Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Mccusker

It would have been nice to have been told he was only a PA

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Michael has a very bad temper,he raises his voice to intimidate patients. If he asks a question and he does not like the answer he will argue with the patients. He sent me to a class and the class said they disproved diabetes being caused by people being fat in the 1990's Michael tells me I have diabetes because I am fat. The metformin controls my diabetes yet Michael tried to force me to go on insulin. Insulin is very dangerous, it increases the risk of low blood sugar tremendously. So I say his information is outdated. It is very unprofessional to raise your voice at the patients. I tried to talk to Michael about these problems and all he could say is I disturb him and I should find another doctor. He continually causes me stress like this which increases my blood sugar.I would not recommend him to anyone.I was on a diet and stuck strictly to it and he told me I was eating too much.I ate what the dietitian told me to.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013