Ratings for Dr. Michael Brilliant

Would leave a Zero Star if i could...Dr. Brilliant is not so brilliant, he is a like a Brillo-Pad, and his staff if the same way, very Robotic, Unprofessional, No compassion...makes you think they all need help more than we do!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

My wife has been seen by some of the top doctor's in the U.S. (Both Western and Holistic) and after 8 years was at the end of options and the most sad and sorrowful person I have ever seen. Her first try with Alexian Brothers was not helpful and the doctor (not Dr. Brilliant) was not the least bit helpful. This time she saw Dr. Brilliant and within two weeks a true miracle has occurred. We owe her life and the future of our family to Dr. Brilliant. HE LISTENS!! He communicates! He calls you back and checks in on you! (Almost no doctor does this anymore.) My personal opinion and professional opinion of Dr. Michael Brilliant is that without him my wife would not be alive today. Instead, the woman that started to fade away 8 years ago is now back and better than ever. Thank you Dr. Brilliant!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Brilliant for two years. At first he was ok. After trying several different meds he put me on an older one. I reported that it made me a little ill. Despite that he doubled the dose. Turns out I was allergic to it and almost died. He seemed indifferent. He charged me for 15 minutes and usually only saw me for 5. I was having to pay out of my own pocket at the time and being 17 and working at minimum wage that was difficult. The reason I stopped going was because I voiced my concerns about the current med I was on and its side effects and he said "I just don't know what to do with you anymore." When I was admitted he saw me once to twice a week. Didnt usually say much. Just general questions and a lot if head nodding. His lack of compassion really bothers me.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

I find Dr Brilliant to be very helpfull. He is willing to take time to explain his aproach and answer questions.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Nice and polite doctor but not very helpful. Spends approx 30 seconds to a few minutes with patient. Very rushed and doctor doesn't hold any interest to hear details of problem.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Office policy is to refuse to renew prescriptions until office appointment is made. After appointment was made still refuses to renew prescription. A lapse in antidepressant medication can cause serious effect. Charges for counseling although visits are for medication review only.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2006

Dr. Michael Brilliant's Credentials

• Leningradskij Sanitarno Gigienceskij Med Inst, Leningrad, Russia (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Hoffman Estates, IL