Ratings for Dr. George T. Barker

Dr. Barker is the most professional, intelligent, compassionate Dr. you could hope for. I had a wonderful experience with him & all of his office staff (if you can consider a C-section wonderful). Dr. Barker is quiet, thoughtful, and reserved -- he is not super talkative or superficial. He seems to always think things through very thoroughly, and if he does not know the answer, he will not just tell you some BS... he will research it out and make sure he is giving you correct information and care. He explains everything to you, makes sure you understand, and treats very conservatively. I have unique health issues (congenital liver problems), and he had never had a patient with my issues but was willing to do research to make sure I got the proper SAFE antibiotics & pain killers for my procedure. Many Dr.s act like treating you as an individual is a pain in their neck... this is NOT the case with Barker. He is thoughtful, and extremely competent. I would trust him again 100%.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

I have to agree with a previous post that Dr. Barker could use a little help with his bed side manner. He does know his stuff. Make sure you get all your questions/concerns asked before you leave. Staff is great. Overall I would recommend him but if you like the warm and fuzzy type than he's probably not the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Good surgeon, not real talkative or friendly, real down to business demeanor. He offers very little information without asking him directing, however he staff is amazing. The staff are friendly, caring individuals, always get in on-time or close to it. I have been quite pleased with my experience with Barker, except for coldness. He also had on my paperwork to sterilize me, when I clearly told him several times that I did not want to have a tubal ligation. It seemed pretty strange, that it was on the paperwork.Also, when they, (Barker,and Hedges) did my c-section he had the doctor (Hedges)assist, that I had basically fired( decided to quit seeing him), but he still came and assisted in the delivery, which i didn't think was right, either.) But, as far as I know, they didn't do the tubal. Not thrilled, with care, but I am happy with the nice clean c-section scar.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. George T. Barker's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mcminnville, OR