Ratings for Dr. James V. Zirul

I have had a horrible experience with Dr. Zurul. was told that a deviated symptom would fix a little snoring I had. I have never had isues breathing or smelling and now that he did work that didn't need to be done. I cant breathe out of my nose at all. I cant get nasal sprays that he had me get just so I can breathe. I pick out blood clots out of my nose every day. I cant smell or breathe unless I press my cheeks apart from nose outward. I would never go to him or send anyone there. His advice was to " go back in and monkey around some more" I about died when he said this to me. Do not go through him get a second opinion in Anc.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Words cannot express the gratitude I have towards this man. Dr. Zirul is one of the finest doctors and surgeons I have ever met. Not only does he run a family focused ear, nose and throat practice, but he is an accomplished facial plastic surgeon. How do I know this you ask? I know this because he operated on me after I was viciously attacked by an Alaskan Grizzly. After being airlifted to a local Kenai hospital he met me in the ER with a big smile and held my hand. He explained who he was and that he was going to fix me up good as new. And he did! 4 1/2 hours later and three hundred stitches later to my face, neck, and head I was in recovery. To look at me today you would barely be able to tell I had trauma to my face and neck. His work was magic. Even more admirable than his gifted hands, was the fact that after I got out of surgery, Dr. Zirul called my wife and family and explained the whole thing to them. My wife was overjoyed to receive that message of comfort. Thank you Dr. Zirul for everything. Greg Matthews

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

With my daughter he was very attenitive. Knew How to talk to her. He was very caring and called to check up on her after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I found this Doctor dismissive in general attitude, in keeping with the "cattle in--cattle out" medicine practiced today. And yet probably effective to a degree, in a rural town where excellence is mediocre at best. Despite pre-op requests with staff and the doctor before a procedure, my requests were ignored. A pat on the arm and the "In my experience...." doesn't make it right.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I had minor surgery, but it wasn't minor to me!!! I felt he took extra time to make it as small as possible! He explained aftercare carefully & how it might minimize the scar. He listened! Staff called to see how I was doing. The follow up appointment was no wait. Very professional.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Late start to appt without acknowledgment. Starkly evident disinclination on doctor's part to carefully consider case hx. General impression was of a revenue-driven office paired with non-collaborative, borderline dismissive demeanor on the part of the doctor as provider. I am in fact a provider myself, with more than 20 years of direct, hands-on clinical and administrative experience in a wide variety of settings. I am also well versed in coding, billing, etc, and I know that what I experienced today as a provider sitting in the patient's chair for a change was "wrong" on several levels. I do not intend to return to this particular office as a patient. Furthermore, as an active clinician, I intend to avoid referring any of my own patients to this office. Clinicians are responsible for providing quality, cost-effective care in a compassionate, efficient manner. My experience with this office was incongruent with such an approach.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

my most resent visit was terrible, he was very rude and the comments he made to me were totally untrue and false and i will not be doing any more business with him or my family and i will not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Very knowledgable and friendly. Was willing to send me for a CAT scan (which no other ENT has done) to find the cause of my chronic sinuitis.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr Zuril was a godsend. He save my eye.HE IS THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2008

DR ZIRUL HAS PERFORMED NUMEROUS SURGERIES ON MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER. HE IS ALWAYS INFORMING OF THE OPTIONS WE HAVE AND THE PROCEDURES HE IS DOING TO TRY AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM. I WOULD AND HAVE TRUSTED DR ZIRUL WITH MY FAMILIES LIVES.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. James V. Zirul's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kenai, AK