Ratings for Dr. Laura E. Cozzarelli

This is my second cataract surgery by Dr Cozzarelli. The first one was pretty routine. The second one was extremely advanced. I was blind in my right eye. Dr Cozzarelli removed the entire cataract in one surgery. The after care she is provided is amazing. I am sensitive to most eye drops. She has devised a protocol that I can tolerate and healing is going well. Look no further for all your eye care needs. She's simply the smartest ophthalmologist out there.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Cozzarelli was highly recommended to me by a friend who works as an administrator at a prominent NY hospital. Dr. Cozzarelli proved to be an excellent physician who possesses the right balance of expertise and quality care. Dr. Cozzarelli is caring, wholesome, and knowledgeable ophthalmologist (she is a faculty member at Weill Medical College of Cornell University). She provides through examinations and is highly professional. She makes time to answer all the questions I have for her. Her office is well equipped to enable her to make accurate diagnoses without being referred to elsewhere for a follow-up exam. Over the past two years under her care, I always left her office with the confidence and comfort in knowing that I received the finest care. As a transactional attorney who reads the fine prints all day, I am grateful to be under her care. I highly recommend Dr. Cozzarelli as I have no doubt she will provide the same standard of care for all her patients.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Dr. Cozarelli is extremely competent and friendly. Her office is extremely well equipped with diagnostic apparatus. Unfortunately, her office staff borders on incompetent. Pay close attention to your bill as their record keeping is also poor. Office wait times are also lengthy without any explanation from staff. My advise to the Doctor is to surround herself with staff which match her own competency.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr.Cozzarelli is probably the finest Doctor I've ever had.She has outstanding technical knowledge ,&,more importantly,has a wonderful "bedside manner".Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2010

I found Dr. Cozzarelli to be conscientious and highly competent. I consulted her because of a sudden change in vision. Because her diagnostic process was painstakingly thorough, she located an obscure retinal tear in my eye. She immediately got on the phone and arranged for me to see a top retinal surgeon that same day. The retinal surgeon was very impressed with Dr. Cozzarelli’s detection of such a small tear, which could have been disastrous if left untreated. In related contacts, Dr. Cozzarelli was readily available and patiently answered my many questions. I was lucky to find her at a critical moment for my eyesight.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

My experience with Dr. Cozzarelli was that she was extraordinary, she also has by far the most equipped office of any specialist in her field I've experienced as a patient. Five stars are hardly enough, I'd geve her ten -- at a mimimum. For example: last year I called on a Tuesdayfor an appointment after seeing two fleeting flashes of light in my right eye. i asked if i could come in on a Friday as it fit into my work schedule. Her receptionist asked me to describe the purpose of my visit. I gave her a very sketchy description as it din't seem like a very big deal to me. In less than a half an hour her office called back to say I should come in immediately and Dr, Cozzareli would see me when I arrived. Had I not been pressed me to come in immediately for an exam, I would have been in serious trouble. Dr. Cozzarelli is my Dr. House -in the very best sense of the nomenclature.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

I've been to her office several times just because it's easier than starting over at a new doctor. The first time I went I was the first appointment for the day and both her and her office staff didn't even care to show up. I stood outside the office for almost 30 minutes waiting before I gave up and left. A few times I've been there she's eats her lunch while she examines me...how odd. When it comes to treatment and lens recommendations, she did finally recommend a good brand of contact lenses for me that are comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

I went to Dr. Cozzarelli for the first time to have an anual exam and get a contact lens fitting. It took me 3 visits so far and the job isn't even finished. I found her to be unprfessional by keeping waiting on all 3 visits at least 30 min. or more, to be eating during my exam, taking personal phone calls and sending me out to the waiting room. Now I need contact lenses and I called several times to at least have the lenses I was currently wearing so i have until I am fitted for a new pair. However, that means going for another visit... which I am now reconsidering. Unfortunately, I invested $175 for the contact lens fitting. I am not very frustrated ...after I receive a supply of contact lenses, I plan on finding a new Opthamologist. I never have been treated so disrespectful by the dr. as well as the recptionist who kept yesing me on the phone and never called me back like she said she would - on several occassions.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Dr Cozzarelli was extremely helpful to me. I had a horrific case of pink eye which led to a lot of blisters and scabs on my eyelids. It was very uncomfortable, painful and frightening. I actually couldn't really see for a month....very depressing situation! I had gone to another opthamologist who I really trusted and they just were not on the ball. Dr. Cozzarelli new just what to do and perscribe, she was very sympathetic to my situation. She very attentive, on time and actually had to cut my eyelids and scrape my scabs...ugh! I actually had total confidence in her, she made me feel very comfortable and now I'm back to my normal, seeing self!Great Opthamologist! Thank you Dr. C!Oh- and she's beautiful...

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Went to her because a friend recommended her. I found her to have a very nice, caring bedside manner. Nice sense of humor, too. She did what seemed to be a thorough exam, prescribed medication, and now the problem I went for is gone. Good doctor!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Laura E. Cozzarelli's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1995)