Ratings for Dr. Zenko J. Hrynkiw

Dr. Hrynkiw, is the best, PERIOD. I had several surgeries including a fusion and I will not go to another surgeon. In fact I saw him today to begin the process of finding out what is going on in my back. If he was not great, I would have gone to another surgeon. His Staff is also outstanding.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

This wonderful man saved my life January 5 1999 . For that i could never ever forget him.He also did surgery on my hand and you cant even see where he went in it.He is a true angel.The Lord has him here for so many of us!!! I thank the Lord for putting him in my life!!!HE IS THE BEST!!! And he is awesome! !!! I tell everybody about him HE. IS GREAT LOVE U DR HRYNKIW!!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Saw him for the first time yesterday. Spent substantial amount of time with me - asked good questions and answered all of mine. He came recommended to me by my GP. Also the guy who walked 6 miles in a snowstorm to help people in the hospital.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Big ups Doc. You set your standard. Superfluous................

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I just saw him on the news. Dr. Zenko Hrynkiw trekked more than six miles on foot during a massive snowstorm to perform life-saving brain surgery on a patient.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Went to Dr. Hrynkiw for a second opinion. I wanted to share that he was not the jerk everyone painted him to be, at least with me. He reviewed my CT myelogram, asked questions, reviewed options. Seemed very knowledgeable. He seemed honest and sincere saying he would not do me justice to do surgery of my kind, but said the other doctor was right on which what he would suggest. He then told me to be very careful who I did let do a surgery of this magnitude and gave me a name he trusted at UAB. His office staff also was good about helping with the referral paperwork right away and was pleasant. My personal experience was a man who was straight forward and knowledgeable and helpful. ~SNellis

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

He did an awesome job on my left hand for carpal tunnel, and now he is about to do my other hand. He is not much of a talker, but I didn't need a talker I needed relief. And that's what he gave me. I would recommend him to anyone needing relief.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

This is the man who saved my life when I was 17. I had a brain tumor removed in an emergency surgery and then another brain surgery a few months later. He did not sugarcoat anything which was very helpful because I wanted to know all risks. If I had 100 surgeries I would want him for every one of them.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I had a Pituitary Tumor, And Dr. Hrynkiw Did my surgery.He is to the point and he is not much for chit chat but he was nice and knew what he was doing..I am glad he is the one who did the job of removing my tumor.I would use him again if need ever be..

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

ok so here is the nitty- gritty... he might have been a good one 20 odd yrs ago for my aunts immediate brain tumor removal, but truth is... he appearently doesn't know much about Chiari Malformation, which is what i went in to see him about. He told me none of my symptoms where from my Chiari... The symptoms are all over the internet! I'm not a DR but i do know how to read, and i'm not stupid.(Def not saying he is) He needs to update his knowlege on this disorder or malformation, he didn't even tell me what he thought that it could be. ONLY thing i agree on is that he's not that friendly, but to the point. However, i do not agree with his knowlege. I DO NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT RECCOMEND HIM TO A CHIARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

Dr. Zenko J. Hrynkiw's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal