Ratings for Dr. Janet A. Lai

Dr. Lai is an excellent doctor - very responsive and sensitive to a patient's needs.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

She is easily the worst doctor I've ever had. The first time I went in for a physical, she offered to take out some wax from my ear. She ended up compacting the wax into my ear canal so I could not hear for 2 days and had to go to a specialist to undo the damage! After avoiding going in for a couple of years, I called to get an acupuncture referral. Instead of asking me how I was or being helpful, she stated that there is a policy that I can only be referred to an acupuncturist if I was undergoing chemo! My previous doctor referred me immediately when I asked. I asked Dr. Lai if she can point me to a published reference on the policy. If it was a legitimate policy, that should be a simple request, but instead, she referred me to Membership Services and eliminated my ability to reply to her message. DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR! She is incompetent, dishonest, and untrustworthy - everything you don't want in a doctor! You'd do better using google to diagnose your symptoms - seriously!

Submitted February 22, 2011