Ratings for Dr. Brock D. Ridenour

Dr Ridenour seemed very rushed and insincere.. Wouldn't go back.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Brock D. Ridenour's response
It is never our intention to have patients feeling rushed or treated coldly. We extend our apologies if that was the impression that was given. Going forward we will be more cognizant of our demeanor to ensure a more positive appointment experience. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there are any questions or concerns. Best wishes.

Submitted September 29, 2017

Amazing work. I came in after severe complications from a lip filler. I couldn't even drink from a straw. I thought I may never look the same. After trying to find an expert's help in the St. Louis area, Dr. Ridenour's staff said he could fit me into his schedule. During the initial consultation, he answered all my questions and concerns, and began treatment to fix the lip filler disaster. After a few weeks of Dr. Ridenour's expertise I was back to myself and even better. Cannot express enough thanks. After going from fearing my mouth may never move the same to happily going out in public, I couldn't be happier. Dr. Ridenour is an amazing doctor and allowed me to have some hope that everything would be okay when I was terrified it wouldn't be. His staff is also wonderful and understanding. Overall, I'm so glad I chose Dr. Ridenour, he's truly an artist.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

dr. ridenhour seems 'too busy' to spend needed time with patients - he leaves questions and concerns up to staff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Brock D. Ridenour's response
We appreciate the candid feedback. We strive to always provide superior care and set the stage for the best possible patient experience. We extend our apologies anytime patients feel as though they did not receive an ample amount of time with Dr. Ridenour. We are grateful for the opportunity to provide care to so many, however, it can lead to very busy days. We keep the office running as smoothly as possible by handling patient care with a team approach utilizing our highly skilled nursing staff as an extension of Dr. Ridenour to handle patient needs and requests as comprehensively as possible. It is not unusual for a member of the nursing team to step in after Dr. Ridenour has provided his assessment and suggestions as they are all well versed in aftercare procedures. We are cognizant of the fact that there are instances in which a patient would prefer to speak with Dr. Ridenour directly about their concerns and we are more than happy to accommodate those requests. In the meantime, if there are any questions or concerns we ask patients to reach out to us at their convenience. Best wishes!

Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr Ridenour is the only plastic surgeon I have gone to for the last 17 years. He has performed laser, injectables, dermabrasion, and other facial treatments over the years. I am now going to use him for Botox. His staff is so nice and Dr Ridenour is very professional and friendly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

One week out following surgery at Dr. Ridenour's clinic. He and his staff are wonderful. I have several close friends who are in the art profession and I'm amazed at the similarities between these two occupations. Dr Ridenour is a surgical artist with a keen eye for precision. He removes facial distractions So that others can focus on verbal ideas and concepts rather than thinking: "This person looks tired".

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

I had written a previous review for this doctor on another site that was mysteriously deleted, but my experience with this office, short as it was, was less than pleasant. I went in for so-called scar revision in a very difficult area of my nose. I was accepted as a patient, and then dumped shortly thereafter, due to what they claimed was "procedure anxiety" after I had asked further questions about what to expect following the procedure. We are told to feel free to ask questions but, when we do, we are too anxious? My questions were also left unanswered. What I received, in the end, was nothing more than a friendly blow off from this office, and I am left not knowing the real reason why. Although the doctor himself was friendly enough and I have no complaints about the staff, I felt as though this response from them (or lack of it) was very unprofessional and morally wrong.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Dr. Brock D. Ridenour's response
We appreciate all feedback - positive, negative or neutral - as it aids us in providing the best possible care to our patients. We value our patients - our ultimate goal is to deliver the results that they expect. However, there are rare times when, after learning a patient's goals and expectations, we realize that we would be unable to meet said expectations. Any surgical intervention carries risk, as well as the promise of relief. We understand that patients want to minimize their exposure to risk - as do we. Nevertheless, that risk exists. During consultation, we educate our patients about these risks, as well as the benefits and likely outcomes of the recommended procedure(s). We take the time to explain - in as great a detail as necessary - every step of the process. Most patients take some time to reflect on the provided information and then reach a decision on how to move forward. On rare occasions, however, some patients are unable to come to terms with the risk associated with a recommended procedure. They desire the benefits of the treatment, but require assurances and/or guarantees that nothing will go wrong. As much as we would like to be able to offer such assurances, unfortunately, we are unable to do so. Recognizing that we are unable to meet such patients' expectations, we refer them to the St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society in the hope that another specialist would be more successful in helping these patients overcome their anxiety or provide a more suitable (to the patient) alternative. We want to be clear: we encourage patients to be well-informed regarding their medical condition and the potential treatment options available. A patient armed with knowledge about their condition is better able to contribute to their own healing process. In the end, we want what's best for our patients. Sometimes, that best option lies in the hands of another physician.

Submitted December 22, 2014

All I can say is don't waste your money! This Doctors work is terrible and sloppy. If I had a time machine, I would go back and really do my homework. I found a lot of the complaints and reviews that seemed to be lost or hidden under a bunch of great reviews but I have my suspicions from my experience with this Doctor and feel they might be fake. My procedure was very uncomfortable from start to finish and their is absolutely no way you can convince me he's a talented surgeon, I'm not buying it! And if people are writing fake reviews for this guy thanks a lot for taking part in ruining people's life's and goals for a great outcome, I just it comes back to you ten times over!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

A HUGE Thank You to Dr. Ridenour and his staff! From the moment I arrived for my first appointment, I was greeted with smiles and a very courteous and warm reception. I was 38 at the time of my surgery (12/17/10) for severe nose bleeding I was having (4-6 a day...somedays more!) Dr. Ridenour immediately knew what my problems were. He informed me that I had a problem with some arteries in the Kiesselbach's plexus area of my nose. He also informed me that I had a deviated septum. Let me tell you, if you are searching for a very professional and brilliant physician, who in my opinion is truly a miracle worker, you will be extremely satisfied you chose Ridenour Plastic Surgery! I have not had one single nose bleed since my surgery and my breathing has definitely improved! Thank you so much for helping me! Sincerely, Todd B.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

I thought dr. Ridenour was knowledgable, informative and a very good surgeon. I had no problems with any ot the procedures he did and his staff was terrific.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

My first visit to Dr. Ridenour's office I was completely blown away at how extremely kind and knowledgeable the staff was. From the moment I called, to the ease of checking in it was a great esperience. In the past, I've gone to medical spas for my Botox and injectable fillers, and always surprised that they are able to stay in business with the poor customer service and attitudes I get. I'm happy to have found a place that appreciates my business and sincerely cares for me as a patient. The prices are extremely reasonable and Dr. Ridenour's best-side manner is a 10! Highly reccommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Brock D. Ridenour's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1985)

Beech Street Corporation
Devon Health
Great West
National Association Of Preferred Providers
Ncppo
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Unicare