Ratings for Dr. Murphy F. Townsend

I question almosr everything and Murphy is extremely patient and accomodating. He kniws his speciality and is always willing to share that knowledge. He also did a good job concerning my surgery.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Townsend is by far my favorite doctor ever, and I've seen dozens over the years. He is compassionate and knowledgeable. That isn't a combination you find that often in physicians. I wish he could be my PCP as well as my urologist. I look forward to my appointments with him, as opposed to dreading them as with some doctors I've had in the past.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Townsend performed Lithotripsy on me yesterday for a 6 mm kidney stone. He was professional and explained the procedure to myself and friend. They kept my friend informed as to how the procedure was going. Everything went well and he was able to crush the stone, which was a great releif for me. I appreciated the fact they accommodated me so quickly to get the procedure done.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

This doctor is test happy. He loves to conduct invasive tests and has no regard for the impact that the test may have on the individual. I have been referred to him twice in 6 years, for simple issues. He both cases he performed tests that were outpatient and should have had "no real side effects." In both cases, the effect were significant. The second time I ended up with a major infection that could only have come from the procedure. So far I am day five of trying to recover. This man is a danger to any patient. Stay away.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Murphy F. Townsend's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

AARP