Ratings for Dr. Michael Reich

Dr. Reich performed a colonoscopy on me and it went very smoothly, His bedside manner was excellent and can say my wife also has had nothing but a great experience with him.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

In Jan. of 2003 an ultrasound showed few cysts in my breast. The hospital staff gave me his card to make an appointment to have those cysts aspired. To my surprise his office did not have an ultrasound to guide him, instead he kept on poking my breast with a long needle until I passed out on his table (he did not found any of the cysts). He told his staff to make an appointment to me-it took them over 8 months)-and when I arrived I was prep for a surgery! I had no idea! When I refused to have a surgery, he shouted-“what if you have a cancer?!”. A few days later Reich called me at work, and over the phone said “You have a cancer” This **** felt something during the poking in January, he wanted to do a surgery, and kept me in darkness. Eight months allowed cancer cells to spread to my lymph nodes, if he told me back in January, I would not have to have chemotherapy. I hired an attorney, and NO RECORDS of me were find either in his office, or in the hospital.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I went to Dr. Reich & he looked over my report. He examined me and said "You have to get this out" and as he was walking out he said bring in the x-ray for review. A week later they scheduled me for surgery. In the interim I decided to find another doctor. Two weeks later a msg on my machine said I was scheduled for surgery on Monday morning. I immediately called his emergency # and left a message to cancel the surgery. Monday morning I received a call from the hospital staff saying they were waiting for me to do the surgery. I called back immediately and told them I left a message on the doctors emergency # on Friday evening. They told me that they just heard my message. I couldn't believe that this doctor never checked his messages on his emergency #. The outcome of seeing the other dr. is there was definitely no need for surgery.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

This doctor was terrible!!!! My mom went to see him for simple discomfort in her hand. Like the other readers, the doctor observed my mother for 5 minutes before recommending surgery. He performed the surgery and my mother became very ill afterwards (extreme swelling, fever, chills and constant pain). When my mother went back to him about the problems she was experiencing, he had her admitted in the hospital. Throughout her 2 week stay in the hospital he came to see her 1x. When he did arrive he admitted that he did not know why the surgery went bad and he offered no words of encouragment or solution. He has no bedside manner, he is very noncaring, disrespectful and unethical. He messed up my mother's surgery so bad that other surgeons do not want to "touch his work". Please whatever you do, don't use this "doctor". To this day, we don't know why my mom still has no use of her hand.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

I spent 5 minutes with him before he said I needed surgery. I had the surgery and was left in the room alone afterwards. After waking up alone in the room I did not encounter a staff member for close to 2 hours. I've now had to go to 2 other doctors bc Dr Reich botched my surgery so badly I have a staff infection!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

Dr Reich had not seen any of my diagnostic results and after a quick 5 minute exam - which consisted of him palpating my abdominal area, promptly recommended surgery and he and his staff were ready to schedule for 2 days later - the possible complications were not mentioned etc in fact, he had a very lax attitude about the whole thing. I absolutely felt rushed into surgery and have consulted with other doctors who have provided a very different opinion than he did - I would not recommend him

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Very frustrating experience. He didn't explain enough and after the surgery don't expect any compassion. The post-operative care was very rough and I ended up going to another doctor to follow up on the outcome of my procedure, which caused me more pain then I had before the surgery. I regret very much that I've ever went there.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Dr. Michael Reich's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1965)