Ratings for Dr. Ethan J. Ciment

Finally a Doctor I don't mind seeing. He made me feel comfortable, explained things to me in a way I could understand. Did a thorough exam. And did not rush me. His office is clean, comfortable, and well managed. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ciment and Chelsea Foot and Ankle.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Ciment is the kind of Doctor you hope to find. He is kind, Knowledgeable, and patient. He and his staff never once made me feel like a number.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

I've been to Dr. Ciment twice; once for what turned out to be bunions and another time for a sprained ankle. I liked that he didn't jump to surgery as an option, and recommended physical therapy first. The office is clean, everyone is super friendly, and all my visits have been good experiences.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

My experience with Dr. Ciment was wonderful. From the first visit in his clean office staffed with friendly and helpful personnel right through all the follow up visits, I was treated with respect and courtesy. I was taken on time each visit and given as much time as needed. Dr. Ciment thoroughly explained all my options and made sure I understood them all. My surgery went exactly as predicted and my follow ups were for the purpose of making sure the healing process was coming along properly with no complications. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for a surgery I was reluctant to have.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

Dr. Ciment performed bunion surgery on my right foot (bunions on both sides) along with fixing a hammertoe. He was clear that surgery was the last resort, after I'd tried a few months of better shoes, orthotics, etc. Which I did, but was still in a lot of pain, so I opted for surgery. I couldn't be happier with the results. He was incredibly caring and thorough. In fact, my father - an ex-physician - was present for the surgery and said he'd never seen a more thorough and thoughtful surgeon. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Ciment is an incredibly patient and thorough doctor. He provides detailed explanations for everything he does and answers any and all questions you have. He is conscientious and has amazing follow through and follow up with his patients.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

I went to Dr. Ciment 4 years ago for bunion surgery. I was advised both feet were candidates for the procedure, but the right was worse, so I opted to get that one done first. Everything about Dr. Ciment was great. The problem is, after 4 years, my right foot is STILL worse than the left. I may never get surgery on my left foot for fear that it will end up like my right one. It still feels now like it did 6 months after surgery. Tightness, pain, general agitation. Apparently, there was some unexpected "bone growth" in recovery that typically doesn't happen in patients over 18 (I was 33 at the time) that causes this enduring discomfort. If you are a younger patient, please talk this possibility through with your doctor before getting bunion surgery. I made the mistake of figuring Dr. Ciment would know better.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

What a relief to find a podiatry office that is clean and well run. The staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. Ciment is extremely knowledgeable and has a great personality. My condition required several follow up visits and it progressed as he predicted. Each visit I waited no longer than 5 minutes to see him and was able to reschedule appointments with ease. This is the way all doctor's offices should be run. It is the benchmark I will use for all my doctors.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

After seeing other podiatrists, I went to Dr. Ciment after seeing the recommendations on this site. He has been extremely helpful to my foot ailments and I received the proper attention that I needed. His staff was very courteous and made the process as easy as possible. Overall, I am more than happy with Dr. Ciment.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

One of THE best doctors I have come across in my LIFE. (Yes, that great of a doctor). He is charasmatic, makes you feel at home, no question is too stupid or ridiculous. Not only does he assure you that he cares, but you can feel that genuine sentiment. Fully knowledgable (moreso because he was a podiatry patient once, so he can totally empathize). His staff definitely mirrors his state of mind & warmth. I would recommend Dr. Ciment & his facilities ten fold to anyone. Even the physical therapy center he sent me to is yet another reflection of how he wants his patients to be well-taken care of. Great physical therapy center he works with, as well.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Ethan J. Ciment's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ciment treats the entire spectrum of foot and ankle medicine and surgery. From common skin and nail disorders to sports-related injuries, elective surgery to more advanced diabetic foot care and reconstructive / limb-salvage procedures, Dr. Ciment treats all conditions that affect the foot and the ankle. He has extensive experience in lower-extremity wound care, as he trained for two years at The Wound Healing Center at Cabrini Medical Center. Not only does Dr. Ciment have extensive expertise in diabetic foot care, but he is also a leading expert in HIV-related foot and ankle conditions. Dr. Ciment believes that strong patient education and involvement is the key to providing superior podiatric medical and surgical care. Medical Education New York College of Podiatric Medicine Postgraduate Training Primary Podiatric Medical Residency Podiatric Surgical Residency Chief Surgical Resident Professional Affiliations Board Certified, American Board of Podiatric Medicine Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine Member, American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Founding Member, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons (ASPS) Associate, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons (ASPS) Associate, American College of Foot and Ankle Pediatrics Member, New York State Podiatric Medical Association (NYSPMA) Guardian Member, The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) Member, Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) Institutional Affiliations Attending Physician, Gramercy Surgery Center Attending Physician, Midtown Surgery Center

• English

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• Bunions