Ratings for Dr. Sidney K. Stein

Dr. Stein, whom I saw as a specialist at the request of my PCP, is a phenomenal doctor. He spent about an hour with me, having me go over every single detail of what I'd been experiencing; not once did I feel that I was being "rushed along" so that he could see to his next patient, and when it was determined that I needed to pay a visit to the ER, he showed me the utmost kindness and compassion (as I was a little freaked). He followed up with me personally the next day, and after a follow-up visit to his office later that week (during which I experienced the same level of care & attention from him - and his staff!), I have decided that I will be switching to him as my PCP. I cannot recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

On my first appt with him he asked if a drug company rep could join us for my physical - i said no. dr recommended that i get screened for a condition that i clearly did not have so he could gather data for his personal research in this disease.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

He's a nice guy, and does seem to care genuinely about his patients, and is very knowledgeable, but he is a little too quick to give out any medication you may hint at(I'm thinking of psychiatric medications in particular, which I think should require more consideration on the doctor's part). However, PCP's are not really trained to give out psychotropic meds, so can't really blame him, but still. Great doctor other than that though. Very helpful and nice.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Saw him when I first came to NYC. He was very nice and caring, but always seemed to be very rushed, especially on the phone. His office staff was just awful - extremely rude.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

I knew and used him when he was still in his old office that he shared with his Father. At that time, he was the old fashoined type family doctor. After his father died and he joined this group, all that is out the window. The offiice is cold & indifferent, they don't know you and worst, his attitude has changed. His is condisending and lectures, he has been wrong twice now in his diagnosis and refuses to listen to any ideas you want to discuss. If its plain textbook problems you have, then he is adaquate, for anything else, its time to move on. I am sorry to say you are not the same person or doctor you used to be and all your patients cannot be clones of what you believe in.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Did not like him, neither did some of my other family members. Not very accurate and does not repond to his patients in time.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Love him! Very caring and professional doctor with a kind heart. He is one of those rare few doctors who went into medicine for the right reasons.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2006

Dr. Sidney K. Stein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1979)